Hi Def Radio tuners in AV receivers.

wheelman

Anyone see any AV receivers on the market yet with hidef tuners? It's free, and it is the future so I'm wondering why I haven't seen any new receivers with it lately. I've got some hick town stations blasting it out already. I've seen little table top radios with it, but notta receiver. Which would probally be worth waiting for if you get descent reception. I guess it's easier to pull in the signal also. I'm not sure though I like my fm analog sound alot though. While there at throw in dolby true hd sound, and dts hd decoders for good measure. I think alot of manufacturers missed the boat by introducing their new models without these features for the year 2007. I think the ones that do will have the upper advantage out the gate.

I have been hearing about this too. I can't remember where I saw it but it was a component tuner with a hi def tuner built in. I know hi def radio is supposed to be cd quality but I wonder how this compares in sound to some of the internet broadband radio sites. I listen to radioparadise.com and stream at 192 kbs and it sound pretty darn good. Check it out

scooter

Easy Guys, don't get all worked up about, if it is good and works, they will charge you for it................if not now, they will some day. Be Honest, how many really listen to the radio in their receiver, I mean all the time, not once and awhile? I wish you could buy receivers without radio's.................I know, they call them amps....................I buy receivers for the 5.1 for movies, I never use the radio, hear enough of that in the car..........Out here in the Boonies, radio is not too good, only a few stations come in..................Morning Radio is all TALK with a few songs................To refer to a thread in the entertainment forum; "Shut up and Sing"..........................

OOOPS, where did Shut up and sing go? Somebody pull it? That was tame compared to some threads I've seen here.........................

Hi Def Radio? How long has this been around?

As far as internet streams...192kbps is more on par with mp3.

Doc,

You are absolutly correct about the 192k being mp3. I was not suggesting this was like the Hi Def radio more of an alternative. I have heard some pretty dissapointing 192k streams on the internet, very compressed sound. However, radio paradise uses some pretty good equipment and it is by far the best sounding internet streaming station I have listened to, even though it is only 192k. Besides they are commercial free to boot!

scooter

Easy Guys, don't get all worked up about, if it is good and works, they will charge you for it................if not now, they will some day. Be Honest, how many really listen to the radio in their receiver, I mean all the time, not once and awhile? I wish you could buy receivers without radio's.................I know, they call them amps....................I buy receivers for the 5.1 for movies, I never use the radio, hear enough of that in the car..........Out here in the Boonies, radio is not too good, only a few stations come in..................Morning Radio is all TALK with a few songs................To refer to a thread in the entertainment forum; "Shut up and Sing"..........................

OOOPS, where did Shut up and sing go? Somebody pull it? That was tame compared to some threads I've seen here.........................

It's free and always will be. I use my tuner on my AV reciever more than any other feature especially while i'm on the net. Never listen to talk radio just kick arse classic rock.

It's free and always will be. I use my tuner on my AV reciever more than any other feature especially while i'm on the net. Never listen to talk radio just kick arse classic rock.

That's what they say about everything........................The NFL : We'll never charge for a game...................Really, how do you now watch Thursday nite, and Saturday games from the NFL.....................Pay for it on the NFL channel................Those games up until this year were FREE on network TV.......................Think about TV, if you don't just use an antenna to receive your broadcast, you are paying for it.........Cable, Direct TV, whatever provider you choose, you pay a monthly rate...................No different than XM, or Siruis Radio, monthly fee...................We are now conditioned to pay for everything...................a very bad trend, indeed..................Wheelman, don't mind me, I'm an old fart that likes to complain, Enjoy your Classic Rock...

WHO,I guess your so young you don't remember, or you weren't born yet..................You never paid for TV signals, Radio signals, FM radio was commerical free, air for your tires was free,.................your generation is use to paying for everything, mine is not..............When gas was cheap, someone would pump it for you, check your oil, wipe your windows......................Now at close to $3.00 a gallon, you pump it yourself............the only reason I even bring this up........40% of the American population was not born when President Ford was in office...........they don't know him, or of him............40% Boy I'm getting old..................Everything does not cost money

NO REALLY, I was surprised by that figure 40% of the American population was not yet born during President Fords term, that's unreal.............Some of us are getting old.........................EH.......................GEEZERS...................Enjoy yourself DrWho..............Your only young once........Enjoy....

Ob,I hate to send you over the top but the other day I was at tire place and they had "premium air option"for your tires,no joke,too much.

Are You serious??????????? Premium Air Option................gotta' love it.....................EH!!!......I've been over the top for awhile..............

Ob,I hate to send you over the top but the other day I was at tire place and they had "premium air option"for your tires,no joke,too much.

Are You serious??????????? Premium Air Option................gotta' love it.....................EH!!!......I've been over the top for awhile..............

Was this nitrogen?

WHO,I guess your so young you don't remember, or you weren't born yet..................You never paid for TV signals, Radio signals, FM radio was commerical free, air for your tires was free,.................your generation is use to paying for everything, mine is not..............When gas was cheap, someone would pump it for you, check your oil, wipe your windows......................Now at close to $3.00 a gallon, you pump it yourself............the only reason I even bring this up........40% of the American population was not born when President Ford was in office...........they don't know him, or of him............40% Boy I'm getting old..................Everything does not cost money

Unless you live in Jersey [:D] We still don't pump our gas!