Klipsch Lifestyle System?

justin_tx_16

Performance baby. The snobby high end market is really pretty limited. And I for one think Klipsch products deserve more exposure than that.

While it is true the CS 500 and CS 700 systems or a Synergy system can't compete with a Reference or a Heritage system, they come a lot closer to doing so than anything else near the price. So maybe they're not the absolute best that Klipsch can produce, but are still the best at their price points. And people that start out with the lower levels will most likely not be satisfied with anything but Klipsch when they decide to upgrade.

And let's get real - while the factory produced more Heresies in one day than ever before a while back (sometime in 1977?), most were for the European market (from memory from a Forum post) - the lower cost products sell in much high quantities.

And guess what, the Promedia 2.1 are probably the best $250 computer speakers on the market today and they list for $150 or $170, a lot less expensive then the B*S* models and a lot more real sound. The little iGroove models sound pretty good too.

I think the more mass market lower cost items are a good idea... get people interested and exposed to higher quality sound than B*S*, Polk, and other brands.

Compared to competing products, the Klipsch products at any price level seem to come the closest to sounding like live music.

So, if you want to be a Klipsch snob, I'd suggest the P 39F. Listing for $20,000 a pair their sales will be limited to those with the ability to spend than kind of coinn. For the rest of us music lovers, we'll have to settle for the Heritage, Reference, Icon, and even the Synergy models or maybe some products from the professional cinema line.

And if you've not heard a CS500 or CS700, they blow away any Lifestyle system I've hears. They actually sound VERY good especially for the size and cost and aren't missing so much of the music as it seems with a lot of the competition.

Look at it this way. If only those in the know own Klilpsch products ... they'd likely be out of business or really struggling as the market for the really good stuff is pretty doggone small... .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic