Klipsch Lifestyle System?

justin_tx_16

• Moderators

I realize you guys are talking about the CS300/CS500 but this is a partial quote from Klipsch's office press release regarding the CS700.

CS-700 DVD Entertainment System
This unobtrusive entertainment system uses digital processing circuitry to simulate the effect of a larger, five-speaker system with only two satellites, a subwoofer and an A/V center.

Each satellite employs dual magnetically shielded 3-inch woofers and a 0.75-inch magnetically shielded tweeter mated to an exclusive Tractrix® Horn, a design that delivers genuine lifelike sound as well as produces more output using less energy. Klipsch is the only speaker manufacturer to utilize horn technology in all of its product lines. In fact, the cutting-edge research that drives the development of the companys leading movie cinema speakers is also applied in the CS-700.

The subwoofer utilizes an 8-inch down-firing woofer and 200 watts of amplifier power to generate hard-hitting bass response. Due to its compact size and wireless capability, this subwoofer can easily be hidden away while still delivering dramatic low-end effects.

The A/V center features Dolby® Virtual Speaker technology along with a progressive scan DVD player, AM/FM tuner and three auxiliary inputs, including High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI). The CS-700 also features an HDMI output for passing digital signals to a TV. An easy-to-use universal IR remote control directs all system functions as well as those of the TV and other entertainment devices.
Available in a black finish, this system offers a clean, modern design that fits comfortably into any living environment. Essentially plug-and-play, the CS-700 can be operating in as little as 10 minutes. All it takes is hooking the satellites and TV up to the A/V center using the color-coded wiring and then plugging in the power cord. A step-by-step set up guide is included to walk users through the process.

If you go to the Home Page for Klipsch and click on Press Releases there are several recent articles regarding these products. Including the press release stating the CS700 won the CES Innovation Award for this year!!!!!!

Check it out, I don't think Bose ever produced speakers like those described above!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Amy I would like to request also that the rt-12d be in the pilgrimage??? and the heritage lineup. I am dying to hear them all and to have them a/b side by side would be wonderful

Jay, is this going to be your first Pilgramage? I thought you said you had never been before?

I have a feeling you are going to be "speechless" that weekend.[;)]

• Moderators

Amy,

Will any of these New Units be on Demonstration, during the Klipsch Gathering?

Thanks

In all likelihood, yes, these will be at the Pilgrimage.

Amy, I am so excited about Klipsch winning the CES award. I think it is great that Klipsch continues to move forward with new designs in the audio field.

I also am very anxious to hear the new 700.[:P]

Our congratulations to all at Klipsch that have worked so hard to continue moving forward with innovative designs.

• Moderators

Amy, I am so excited about Klipsch winning the CES award. I think it is great that Klipsch continues to move forward with new designs in the audio field.

Our congratulations to all at Klipsch that have worked so hard to continue moving forward with innovative designs.

Thanks Christy!!

Amy I would like to request also that the rt-12d be in the pilgrimage??? and the heritage lineup. I am dying to hear them all and to have them a/b side by side would be wonderful

Jay, is this going to be your first Pilgramage? I thought you said you had never been before?

yes first pilgrimage and yew I wanna be speechless that weekend.

• Moderators

Actually, I personally haven't listened to these next to any competitors. I'm sure our engineers have, and although I'm not one to speculate, I'd be willing to bet they listened for all of 10 seconds before they realized they were wasting their time. [:)]

But seriously, I did listen to them next to some of our Reference products. I'm not going to express any opinions at this time because the unit I listened to was beta and not yet complete (it was the 2.1 version), but I really think it will be a little package worth reckoning with.

Last I heard, they are due out in April, tentatively.

• Moderators

Thanks Christy!!

You, as well as everyone at Klipsch deserves a huge [Y] for this accomplishment.

I do realize most folks on the forum are huge Heritage/Reference fans, but that should not prevent any of us from recognizing, appreciating and ackowledging the accomplishment Klipsch has achieved with this award.

This system may not be "Heritage" but it is obviously still in keeping with Klipsch's commitment to quality.

When someone asks what kind of speakers we have, we respond "Klipsch", not Heritage!

Again, kudos to all.

PS I have been wanting to say that for a couple of days now. I feel much better now.

• Moderators

yes first pilgrimage and yew I wanna be speechless that weekend.

I just hope you remain coherent while you are speechless![;)]

IMO, every member of the Forum should make an attempt to attend the Pilgramage.