Klipsch Lifestyle System?

justin_tx_16

Seems like you have been doing your homework, or read the articles?[;)]

Well, I have been absent from the forums for a good while, but hopefully this time around I will stick to posting here. You will hopefully get used to that from me haha. For some reason, I can absorb Klipsch knowledge like nothing else in my life. Well, Klipsch knowledge and a few other things... I'm a Klisponge! If only the rest of my studies stuck as well as audio, I'm a bit rusty right now but within a month, I should be back to top speed. I sure can't let Colterphoto catch up to me, no matter how much I respect him!

I knew that was the real reason you came back [:P] [;)] can't loose that number 1 spot !!

'lose'

I will admit I have been drinking tonight.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well, I have been absent from the forums for a good while, but hopefully this time around I will stick to posting here. You will hopefully get used to that from me haha. For some reason, I can absorb Klipsch knowledge like nothing else in my life. Well, Klipsch knowledge and a few other things... I'm a Klisponge! If only the rest of my studies stuck as well as audio, I'm a bit rusty right now but within a month, I should be back to top speed. I sure can't let Colterphoto catch up to me, no matter how much I respect him!

I knew that was the real reason you came back [:P] [;)] can't loose that number 1 spot !!

'lose'

I knew it!!!![;)]

So far all new Klipsch products I heard are very good ,in their respective price ranges. When I said not my life style I simply say this product is not for me.

It will be a great addition to the vast Klipsch lineup,as the B company prducts priced higher will sound inferior. So far all Klipsch products surpass B0$e competing products in quality while costing less.

• Moderators

So far all new Klipsch products I heard are very good ,in their respective price ranges. When I said not my life style I simply say this product is not for me.

It will be a great addition to the vast Klipsch lineup,as the B company prducts priced higher will sound inferior. So far all Klipsch products surpass B0$e competing products in quality while costing less.

Hey Ear,

We were not singling you out. I hope you didn't take offense to what any of us said. I don't know if the 700 fits our "lifestyle" either, I am just real proud of Klipsch for winning the Innovation Award.

'lose'

I knew it!!!![;)]

eh its my first time in a while. BTW no beer tonight its Majorska Vodka. Its cheap thats why..... Also we had a bunch of fruit lying around.... pinapple, pears, lemons, limes, oranges, a bit of whiskey sour cut up and into a gallon jug with water. Add a koolaid mix and sugar.... I like tropical fruit punch. And mix well. Add appropriate vokda or alcohol (I did 1 ounce per 8 ounces water) so it was about as strong as a beer. And poof you have what they call Jungle Juice in college. Its like a sugary tropical drink now with all the fruit. BTW you need to let the container melt as the fruit absorbs some alcohol and gives up some of the juice. Leave it in the fridge for atleast an hour and it will taste alot different from when it was just made.

• Moderators

'lose'

I knew it!!!![;)]

eh its my first time in a while. BTW no beer tonight its Majorska Vodka. Its cheap thats why..... Also we had a bunch of fruit lying around.... pinapple, pears, lemons, limes, oranges, a bit of whiskey sour cut up and into a gallon jug with water. Add a koolaid mix and sugar.... I like tropical fruit punch. And mix well. Add appropriate vokda or alcohol (I did 1 ounce per 8 ounces water) so it was about as strong as a beer. And poof you have what they call Jungle Juice in college. Its like a sugary tropical drink now with all the fruit. BTW you need to let the container melt as the fruit absorbs some alcohol and gives up some of the juice. Leave it in the fridge for atleast an hour and it will taste alot different from when it was just made.

The "Jungle Juice" I am familiar with requires "Everclear", not vodka, and in much larger quantities![:P]

Although it has been at least twenty years since my last encounter with "Jungle Juice". [+o(]

Micheal, there was a reason God put you to work with Klipsch, outstanding.

I'm sure the system sounds great knowing the companies history. My only true beef is with the marketing dept... why must they sell this item as a "virtual surround sound" system instead of a kick arse 2.1? Seriously, every 2.1 system out there pretty much touts the "virtual surround sound" in one form or another. Bose makes it a point that you know that the 3-2-1 are a great synthesizer for a 5.1 system, why must Klipsch seemingly follow suit?

• Moderators

I'm sure the system sounds great knowing the companies history. My only true beef is with the marketing dept... why must they sell this item as a "virtual surround sound" system instead of a kick arse 2.1? Seriously, every 2.1 system out there pretty much touts the "virtual surround sound" in one form or another. Bose makes it a point that you know that the 3-2-1 are a great synthesizer for a 5.1 system, why must Klipsch seemingly follow suit?

Because that's what consumers, and therefore dealers, want. Sure, there are a few people in the world (many are on this forum) who would appreciate hearing this is a superior 2.1 system instead, which it is, but we're talking about the masses. It would do us little good to sell 100 systems to people looking for superior 2.1 vs 500,000 to people who want virtual surround sound with taking up as little space as possible.

Marketing supports Sales> Sales supports dealers> Dealers cater to consumers. That's just how it works.

'lose'

I knew it!!!![;)]

The "Jungle Juice" I am familiar with requires "Everclear", not vodka, and in much larger quantities![:P]

Although it has been at least twenty years since my last encounter with "Jungle Juice". [+o(]

I rather use vodka as everclear, get the mix wrong and everyone starts puking!

Its sorta like mecca where we klipsch fans atleast one time in our life must go to indy and arkansas!!! hear the jubilee and klipschorn and then go back and hear our less superior speakers and one day upgrade to the mighty ones. [:P] This is not a religious endorsing or making fun of post.

Or, as I like to look at it - after listening to the Jubilees and the K-horns, to go back and listen to my own system and still be amazed at how good it still actually is, satisfied that it my not be "as good as" a khorn or Jubilee, but it can certainly still run with the big dogs and keep up! [;)]

Not replying to any-one in particuler, just some general thoughts on this..

Pretty Awesome that Klipsch won that award for "Best Innovative Product" at CES for this thing.

As I am learning, this is no Blo$e 3-2-1 system! It is much more.

If "colterphoto" says it sounds good, than I have to believe him that it indeed sounds good. I am now even more curious to get to hear one. Although, it is very unlikely that I'll get one for myself, but I may seriously consider one for my parents. I'll have to ask them if they are even interested in having something like this for watching TV and thier PBS concerts on. No point in spending that money on one if they are not going to use it.

Also, glad to see you back Justin. Sounds like you are indeed planning on going to the Pilgrimage - would be cool to finally get a chance to meet you.

Although I was a bit skeptical of this, but Amy does make a good point - this is what the people wants, thus the dealers want. It is the money and sales of this kinds of stuff that will allow Klipsch to continue to make the bigger, more impressive, products that use die-hards truly want, such as the bigger Reference and Heritage speakers.

After all, I'd still like to get a pair of Khorns to use in a two-channel setup one of these days.

• Moderators

[+o(]

'lose'

I knew it!!!![;)]

I rather use vodka as everclear, get the mix wrong and everyone starts puking!

Good idea, real good idea![+o(]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Im sorry, I have to bring up snob appeal here. Im not happy that Klipsch is competing with Bose, Polk, JBL etc. In my opinion, ever since ohhh around 2000 about when the quintets came out, Klipsch held thier branding in very high regard. If you owned a set of Klipsches then half the people havent even heard of them, and those who had heard of them were envious. That's something that each of us (especially men) value alot. The "my toys are cooler and more exclusive than yours" kinda attitude haha. I hate to admit that but it's true.

Nowdays, when I mention that I only buy Klipsch, everyone has heard of it becuase it's sold at Best Buy. Now, I DO NOT CARE that they are better than JBL, Polk, Bose, etc etc. I don't even want Klipsch to be associated or compared to them.

I say get out of the budget niche. I cant afford half of what I have either, but I have found ways to obtain my collection.

I understand that the Best Buy models and these little CS speakers don't make the Heratige sound worse... Yeah I got it. If everyone could afford a Rolex it would lose some of its appeal. If anybody could drive a Mercedes, those with the S class would not appreciate the Mercedes high-end image anymore.

Does anyone else out there agree with me? Im not trying to be mean and I do understand business and that they're in it to make a profit. However, Klipsch is not a public company (to my knowledge) so they shouldnt be trying to make shareholders rich. They appear to only be making the family name rich.

Britney Spears did the same thing with her career. Look where it got her. Lets back off of the low budget markets and lets be Barbara Steisand and Celine Dion, not Britney or Miley. Bad example? hhaha its all i got sorry..

These are great entry-level products like the old Pro Media computer speakers. How many dyed-in-the-wool Klipsch fans of today had their first taste with those awesome computer speakers? Same with the Pod-based systems like the iGroove and RoomGroove.

Now that the world has taken a 'home theater in every house' approach, not everyone wants a stack of gear and dorm-fridge sized speakers. The way to enter these homes is with a system that delivers performance sound at a price that is competitive.

The key word is PERFORMANCE, Klipsch has never gone after the cheapest slot in any home entertainment sector. Klipsch does however, demand to be recognized as a leader in performance for each niche.

Recall PWK's four precepts of great sound- if you don't know 'em, look 'em up. They're in the newscenter under company history. I'll give you a hint- High Efficiency is one of them and is part of every product that rolls out the door.