OT DAVID BECKHAM JOINS U.S. TEAM ! ! ! ! !

seti

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2786923

If this happens it will rock the real football world and also Posh Spice will move to America LOL : ) I guess all those kidnapping attempts and lack of privacy have taken their toll.

Stay in England....................real football world.......He's going to play in the NFL ???...You think they'll get privacy here ????

If this happens it will rock the real football world and also Posh Spice will move to America LOL : ) I guess all those kidnapping attempts and lack of privacy have taken their toll. 

Stay in England....................real football world.......He's going to play in the NFL ???...You think they'll get privacy here ????

You mean that slow boring game that they play with the overweight coked out players ; )

They will get alot more privacy here. 

You mean that slow boring game that they play with the overweight coked out players ; )

They will end up being the NEW Tommy Lee and Pam..........No, the game with those Big Fast Strong Guys.....No, not Rugby.......

They will end up being the NEW Tommy Lee and Pam..........No, the game with those Big Fast Strong Guys.....No, not Rugby.......

Well in order to play Rugby they would have to give up their girlie padding and helmuts.... 

: ()

For Christ sakes he's just a little skinny white boy who plays a game, puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us[:o]

I have heard inside rumors that he was approached by American reps with a super offer and that he will be what gets Soccer off the the bottom shelf in this country (at the pro level).

Personally I can't wait for the first soccer strike[:|] LOL

SETI......Girlie pads indeed..........Soccer has been here for over 20 years, and will NEVER replace the NFL....It is a great game for kids to play, but it will never become a big time sport in this country..................Pro Soccer is a boring game, a very boring game, they use just their feet because they can't run and use their hands at the same time....................If Pele couldn't get us interested, Beckham won't.....Him and his wife will be all over the tabloids I bet................................HEY, weren't we suppose to wrestle????????????

SETI......Girlie pads indeed..........Soccer has been here for over 20 years, and will NEVER replace the NFL....It is a great game for kids to play, but it will never become a big time sport in this country..................Pro Soccer is a boring game, a very boring game, they use just their feet because they can't run and use their hands at the same time....................If Pele couldn't get us interested, Beckham won't.....Him and his wife will be all over the tabloids I bet................................HEY, weren't we suppose to wrestle????????????

I'll take you down old man : )

I don't doubt that they will be in the tabloids or that they will be followed but it will pale in comparison to the attention they get in the UK. 

I hope you are wrong as it is a world wide sport and America is one of the few countries that doesn't have that much interest in it but I do hope that will change. I think its mostly because the USA gets its but kicked on a regular basis when they try to compete globally.  

Soccer boring are you insane didn't you watch the final games of the World Cup. It was a blast. 

I actually had a signed Pele soccer ball and got to see him play in Dallas when I was 6yo.

• Moderators

I remember going to Cleveland Force indoor soccer games in the mid-80's over holiday breaks (going to see family in that area) and they were a blast. I think the sport could have a lot of potential in the US, if people would have open minds about it. Beckham being here certainly won't hurt, and it's certainly no more boring than watching baseball or golf (THERE, I said it!).

"Well in order to play Rugby they would have to give up their girlie padding and helmuts.... "

Rugby, like Irish and Australian football, is a contact sport with tackling. American football is a collision sport with tackling. Note the difference. American football couldn't be played as it is without the protective equipment.

One thing about soccer (a sport I despise by the way) is that at least a lot of kids are playing it. On the other hand the only time I see kids playing soccer is in organized situations controlled by adults, I never see kids playing "sandlot" soccer the way I see kids playing American football and basketball. Maybe it's different in immigrant neighborhoods, when I was a kid there was small Greek neighborhood near ours and I'd see the Greeks playing soccer in Columbus Park.

Sandlot baseball really seems to have gone down the tubes, adult involvement in the child's sport of baseball has evidently ruined the informal aspects of the game. I see very nice diamonds with backstops sitting unused during summer days, when I was a kid you had to get there REAL early to use such a diamond and be willing to fight to hold it. Most of the time we played in praries or played lineball in the alley.

It would be best if ALL adult involvement in children's games was outlawed.

SETI......Girlie pads indeed..........Soccer has been here for over 20 years, and will NEVER replace the NFL....It is a great game for kids to play, but it will never become a big time sport in this country..................Pro Soccer is a boring game, a very boring game, they use just their feet because they can't run and use their hands at the same time....................If Pele couldn't get us interested, Beckham won't.....Him and his wife will be all over the tabloids I bet................................HEY, weren't we suppose to wrestle????????????

I'll take you down old man : )

I don't doubt that they will be in the tabloids or that they will be followed but it will pale in comparison to the attention they get in the UK.

I hope you are wrong as it is a world wide sport and America is one of the few countries that doesn't have that much interest in it but I do hope that will change. I think its mostly because the USA gets its but kicked on a regular basis when they try to compete globally.

Soccer boring are you insane didn't you watch the final games of the World Cup. It was a blast.

I actually had a signed Pele soccer ball and got to see him play in Dallas when I was 6yo.

I'll take you down old man :)..................YOU BETTER BRING A LUNCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................It's a great game for our kids to play, seriously, both my kids played it...............I think the problem right now is there are too many oldbucksters out there, soccer is not our game, it belongs to a younger generation.......maybe in time it will become bigger, but not now....................Nothing like watching a game, no score after regulation, being won by a free kick...............YUK

"and it's certainly no more boring than watching baseball or golf (THERE, I said it!)."

Baseball is about the pitching Amy, if you sit there waiting for someone to hit a homer you will be bored. To enjoy the game you gotta get into the pitching.

That said baseball just isn't for some people, especially today when people walk around with telephones stuck to their heads (and don't even feel like idiots).

"That said baseball just isn't for some people, especially today when people walk around with telephones stuck to their heads (and don't even feel like idiots)."

Too funny Tom, I actually think some of these people liken themselves to Lt. Uhuru (sp)! LOL

We are probably going to find out in another 50 years of celluler use that we are all nuking our selves on the inside[:o]

Actually I think that baseball is for people that like to drink beer and yell loudly which I think I could get into. We have a new baseball field perhaps I will give this sport a chance.

Do you have kids in little league ? My boy played plus Pony league, and Babe Ruth League, damn man I miss it, it was great fun.....

Actually I think that baseball is for people that like to drink beer and yell loudly which I think I could get into. We have a new baseball field perhaps I will give this sport a chance.

Do you have kids in little league ? My boy played plus Pony league, and Babe Ruth League, damn man I miss it, it was great fun.....

I have not reproduced although I love to practice. The GF and I can't even agree on puppies. LOL

I have not reproduced although I love to practice. The GF and I can't even agree on puppies. LOL

Practice makes perfect...................EH !!!!!! I truly miss the years my son played Base Ball...When he was 17, they played a game on Fathers Days, He was up, 2 men on base, 2 outs, down by 2, he crunched a Home Run out of the park, his first, walk off, game winner, he got the ball and gave it to me in front of everyone, I have it up on a shelf, I'll never forget it.........Proud Dad for sure.....touching moment.....