OT DAVID BECKHAM JOINS U.S. TEAM ! ! ! ! !

seti

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think mine scare the bejeezus out of him OB[:o]

He really has no idea of what he's missing[;)] I bet you were/are an awsome dad Rob[H]

Do your boys play ? Kaiser believe it or not, my wife wouldn't sit near me, I chatter the whole game, I rooted for every kid on the team, I really got into the games, big time. God Man, I miss it..................they grow so fast.................Cherish your time with them, but I don't have to tell you that...Grab ol' Seti take him with you to a game or two...............Now that I think back, didn't you have pictures last year of a new field dedication? Your right, he is missing out, share yours with him.............Kids playing ball, a sunny day, a great time..............indeed

Sorry OB, got in such a hurry responding to JB that I missed your reply post! As Seti said our local minor league team "The Traveler's" are having a brand new stadium built in North Little Rock and it is looking better all the time. We will be going and Seti will be coming to some with us[;)]

By the way, I told him to stop threatening you with those wrestling promises[:|] he does not understand that age and treachery will stomp youth and vigor all over the place[:P]

How you feeling buddy? Your little tet-a-tet obviously did nothing to those sharp retorts[:D] LOL

OB...you're exposing your true self here you old dawg. My dad, rest his soul, was extremely giving of his time to my brother & I. Growing up all we did was play & watch sports, aah good times. Great thread...almost didn't click because soccer aint my bag.

JT

OB...you're exposing your true self here you old dawg. My dad, rest his soul, was extremely giving of his time to my brother & I. Growing up all we did was play & watch sports, aah good times. Great thread...almost didn't click because soccer aint my bag.

JT

SSSSSSSHHHH Arky, don't tell anyone. My car was always full for the away games................it always surprised me when parents would just drop off their kids, and never stay for the games...............sometimes I would have my wife drive too.........Two cars full of teenaged Boys, Ya Hoo...

Does anyone believe what they are paying Beckham?.................unbelievable

What I have read and understand this is his contractual salary for what I think is a 10 year contract but don't quote me on that part just yet!

He already has two nice endorsement contracts in place also! My wife is the one who told me about reading where Posh has been in LA house hunting, maybe they should pick up Matt McC's little 3 mil bungalo

51 Mil in base and the rest tied to endorsements. I think that he's already creating interest in the sport as the papers and TV (and some audio forums) are abuzz. It reminds me of when Pele came to the Cosmos. Huge star, end of career, big bucks, trying to generate interest and publicity in the sport. Will it be worth 250 million? Time will tell, but I doubt it. Me personally, I love the game and am still playing at 49. My son plays varsity soccer at high school and club ball in the off season. The Brazillians call it "The beautiful game", and when you understand all the subtle nuances of the game, it truly is. I do doubt however that it will ever replace our passion as a nation with our "football", and as far as sand lot and pick up games being played, you just have to look. They're all around. All you need is a ball and you're good to go.

The United States of America is as likely to adopt Soccer as it is to officially adopt the metric system. Aint gonna happen!!!

Soccer will get more and more popular as we get more and more mexicans, not only will it happen, but it is happening right now. I played as a kid, both sandlot and organized, the beauty of watching on tv is no commercial interruptions! That more than anything else explains why it has been hard to establish in the USA. You can't watch NFL these days without a commercial after each score, only to come back and watch the kickoff, then break for more commercials. You end up watching the commercial show with a little football in between.

Thats gonna be great for soccer here...but he is getting old and thats why he has to move here. He is almost over the hill for European soccer.

As for being as popular as baseball or football or basketball or hockey. Unfortunately those sports have so much money and sponsoship and TV rights and stadiums that it will be hard for Soccer too ever match them in the US.

As for booring...it all depends on how involved you are in the game, how much you know about the players and the team. how good the commentary is etc. There again, US soccer has a long way to go.

The game itself I think is much more interesting than say Baseball or football. Certainly much more action.

I play on a senior;s league and many of the guys also play hockey. The concensus is that Soccer is much more demanding physically and much rougher on the body with all the fast direction changes, tackles, and no protection.