chorus II crossovers

goblin

I think forum member DeanG may do that for you. PM him.

Dean recapped my crossovers last spring with excellent results. Origoanl components in the network are built to a price point for the speaker to be profitable when it was on sale in the market.

Of course if your amp or source is the source of the "edginess" the new caps in the networks could just enhance the edginess.

You will love the difference that Chris's K-stacked networks can do for the sound of your Chorus! Smoother across the entire frequency band, pretty amazing what better components can do.

i also promote the k-stack option that pop can supply you with, either way you will be happy

Hi

My chorusII's are sounding a bit harsh these days and would like some one to rebuild

the crossovers. please contact me if interested.

thanks, Kevin

What makes you think it's the crossovers? I'd just hate to see you go through the investment and not fix the problem...

Hi Dr.Who

I replaced the tweeters and squakers about a year and a half ago with little or no improvement

the general concensus on the forum seems to be the crossovers. swithched chorus's with my forte's

and sound was much better. switched chorus's with 3 of my amps and no difference there. I surely dont think

its my lexicon DC2 causing the problem. anything over 50-60 watts and they start sounding really harsh.also speakers

dont sound the same as one another(balanced). If you have another idea of what might be the culprit I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks, Kevin

A while back I noticed that my Chorus II's didn't sound the same either...a quick simple check to see if it's the speaker is to physically trade their location in the room. In my case, I found that the difference was room related. And all I had to do was simply tweak their location and then they started sounding the same again.

But if the problem follows the speaker, then you know it's a speaker level problem. Then you might start swapping components between speakers until you find the problem moving around. The easiest thing would be to trade input terminals / crossovers between the speakers. If it follows the crossover, then you know it's a crossover problem. I wonder if perhaps there isn't something wrong with one of your woofers. Has there been any possibility for the speaker being dropped lately?

Also, have things ever sounded not harsh in this room?