Come on you Panty Waist...

thebes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

I was going to suggest RLJ's first abum, which Elusive Disc had on sale for the amazing price of $11.99, BUT it's back to $30. They do have 3 pages of great sales on Warner LPs (James Taylor, Mud Slide Slim: Warren Zevon).

Fini, different Mike here but you just cost me a couple of hundred $ in LPs. [:)]

Mike Lindseys reply is typical of these so-called music collectors. They should all be dancing in the next production of Swan Lake.

Not me. Since this thread was originally posted I've deflowered dozens of sealed lps. Hell sometimes when I'm in a music store I walk by and slit a few sealed ones open just for the heck of it.

Now I will admit I have a bunchof loser albums I haven't opened yet. Albums about sea chanty songs, lousy mid-80-'s country corn, really bad boy bands etc. Anything really good has been stripped of it chaste outer silk to reveal it's throbbing inner core.

Some days I feel so macho, my boys drag along the floor right along side of my knuckles. Yup. Feeling so manly I think I'll go shoot a moose.

Guest davidness

I haven't read most of this thread, but the first post mentions the old Cowboy Junies Trinity Sessions LP. Boy, would I loved to have had the chance to buy that from you (I probably still would 'used').

I already have the new re-issue of the Trinity Session LP, also.

But my real reason for responding is to let you know that my current absolute favorite vinyl record out right now is the NEW LP; Cowboy Junkies Trinity Revisited. It is the best mastered, most quiet-ist background, best engineered album I've ever heard (YMMV, of course). It's what I use to show off my system to neophiles and nonphiles. If you like the Cowboy Junkies, and play vinyl, I highly recommend the Trinity Revisited LP. Very cool.

A whole box full of virgins arrived today. I was so wanting to defile them but Craig stood in my way (hey, even though my amp-less situation has nothing to do with you I am blaming you anyway).

I gaze upon them longingly at a respectful distance just waiting for the proper tubular moment. My question to the master is; should I ever so slowly expose their inner secrets to my eyes and ears individually or simply rip all of there membranes open unceremoniously?

I highly recommend the Trinity Revisited LP

Thanks for this. I listened to a selection from their site and it sounds great on the PC. Attempting to locate a vinyl version, seems to be out of stock....

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/59104/Cowboy_Junkies-Trinity_Revisited-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Thanks Gary, the local record store was able to locate one albeit at a significantly higher price.