Can anyone ID this speaker for me?....

Analog Addict

Newbie to the Klipsch Forums, and looking to pick up a pair of entry level Klipsch Speakers to go with a H/K A300 Tube amp that's on the way.
 According to the seller, sticker on back says For II WO, they are 36 inches high and 16 wide. Also, someone locally is selling a pair of Heresy's 
from 1978 that have had the woofers replaced within the past year with OEM components from Klipsch. Cost $250. Also selling a pair of Chorus 
speakers for $500. I'll try to attach a picture of the mystery boxes, but would welcome suggestions. I've been leaning toward the Herseys because 
of the smaller size and lower cash outlay....
TIA....

Cheers!
Analog Addict 

post-25568-13819321722062_thumb.jpg

They are some type of Forte. The diminsions you give are slightly larger than my Forte I's. Ask what size the passive radiator is on the back. If its a 12" they are Forte I's. If its 15" then they are Forte II's.

Bye the way, $250 is a very good deal for those, if correct drivers are installed.

Come on guys it is obvious if the sticker on the back says For II then they are Forte II's. The dimensions are close enough, just not very precise. As a check as mentioned look for the size of the passive woofer and also the size of the midrange horn. I did not see where the price of these were mentioned, but they are desirable if everything works. Definitely better than heresies.

Edit: As a newbie please know that you should resize the pics you post.

Let me get this right.....

The Chorus are $500 (you don't know if they are Chorus or Chorus II?)

The Heresys are $250

The one in the photo (Forte II?) is..... how much?

Question: Which are the Chorus? II with the passive on the back? How much are the Forte in the pic that the seller seems to be saying are II's?

(I'd go for all over a Heresy myself) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just an update for anyone who cares....I picked up the Chorus I's including Boxes, all the packing material, original brochure and original bill of sale for $500. The speakers are absolutely perfect, without any obvious flaws. The included picture shows the gear haul for the week, all for less than a grand. (and yes, there are two of each of the speakers...) Today I picked up a pair of Forte II's with a little veneer staining and a couple of small areas near the base of one of the boxes that has some slight veneer separation...$250..Oh yeah, the grill cloth was shot, but I got the frames which are undamaged, and the logos, also undamaged. I will refabric the grills tomorrow....Guess I am now "Klipsch-rich"...[:)]...

post-25568-13819322042902_thumb.jpg

Actually it's a Sansui 9090DB...Also absolutely mint condition. Only flaw is one small chip on the bottom of the L sidepanel at the rear. Little putty/stain marker and it'll be flawless...It even still has the warning plastic tag on the Dolby FM knob to turn the switch to off when not listening to Dolby FM...[;)]

That and the HPM 150's for $450....I done good I think.... However, the HPM 150's are going to a fellow addict friend of mine in trade for a Yamaha B-70

post-25568-13819322050172_thumb.jpg