Yamaha and Klipsch

Speakerboy

I have the Yamaha Rv-1000 and I recently heard that Yamaha recievers don't sound well when paired with klipsch speakers. I have Rf-3,Rc-3 and the Rs-3. I think my system sounds pretty good, but I am knew to this world. I thought about trading this one off for a THX Kenwood or a Hk. I don't know much about Onkyo or Denon since I haven't found them sold in my area. I like the DSP the Yamaha has. I do get a hum when I turn the volume up, even when it is a digital source. I would appreciate any comments to help me in my search for a quality reciever. I thought it could have been my interconnects but I am using all monster cable interconnect they all were $80 a piece not including the optical cords.

Thanks Speakerboy

Speakerboy,

I have a Yamaha RX-V995 for my HT system with the same Klipsch Reference speakers you have. I think it sounds absolutely great!

I don't have any hums in my system. Maybe someone here will make some suggestions on how to get rid of the hum.

If you like the sound that is all that counts Smile.gif

------------------

Ed W

SB - Does the volume of the hum change when you turn up the volume, or is it pretty constant? You may have a ground loop problem. Try disconnecting all inputs to the Yamaha and leave just the speakers and the Yammy hooked up and see if the hum goes away. If so, then re-connect the inputs until the hum reappears and you will have your culprit.

Another source of hum might be a nearby dimmer switch. Got any of those?

Doug

------------------

My System

I used a Yamaha HTR-5130 with my Klipsch KG 4.2s up until about 2 months ago and never had a problem with humming. It also was a match made in heaven as far as sound quality goes. The only time I've had problems with humming it's been interference between power cords and interconnects. Try to keep them as separate as possible. As far as a new receiver I can honestly say I've never had good Kenwood ANYTHING. Avoid like Realistic. I've moved up to the Outlaw 1050 like many posters on this board and can't praise it enough. The Denon 2803 or 3802 were second on my list though.

Eric

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

quote:

Originally posted by Speakerboy:

I have the Yamaha Rv-1000 and I recently heard that Yamaha recievers don't sound well when paired with klipsch speakers. I have Rf-3,Rc-3 and the Rs-3. I think my system sounds pretty good, but I am knew to this world. I thought about trading this one off for a THX Kenwood or a Hk. I don't know much about Onkyo or Denon since I haven't found them sold in my area. I like the DSP the Yamaha has. I do get a hum when I turn the volume up, even when it is a digital source. I would appreciate any comments to help me in my search for a quality reciever. I thought it could have been my interconnects but I am using all monster cable interconnect they all were $80 a piece not including the optical cords.

Thanks Speakerboy

I have a RX-V1200 w/ a RF-3 package, and haven't noticed any problems -- the sound's pretty clear at both low and high volumes...

Atul

I have the Yamaha RX-V1000 with KLF-20's and C7. No complaints with the Yamaha and no hum. I'd be interested in some specifics regarding the negative comments you heard about this match. I think this receiver is as good or better than anything in its price range and is a good match for Klipsch, but I'm always interested in better options. I agree with edster00 that your opinion about the match is most important.

quote:

Originally posted by raneman:

I have the Yamaha RX-V1000 with KLF-20's and C7. No complaints with the Yamaha and no hum. I'd be interested in some specifics regarding the negative comments you heard about this match. I think this receiver is as good or better than anything in its price range and is a good match for Klipsch, but I'm always interested in better options. I agree with edster00 that your opinion about the match is most important.

I heard the negative comments on another post dealing with recievers. Originally posted by forresthump:

Vatican, is it true The Pope has Klipsch LaScala? Biggrin.gif

Id stay away from sony too. They are real harsh and bright with klipsch and are real noisy. You get about as much hiss as sound material from them. And Yamaha is not far behind.

After hearing yamaha recievers compared with sony I started to worry not that sony makes crap but I feel yamaha is a step a head of sony. Thanks to all for the advice it has calmed my fears. I will try plugging into a different outlet.

I love the way my Yamaha RX-V3000 sounds with the KLF-30's/C7/RS-3's. Tried a couple other recievers and ended up with this one. The only hum i had was from a halogen floor light. As soon as i moved it away from the AV stuff everything was good.

Typically the people that post about hums have a power problem (dirty/ground loop)

-Rich