taking apart an RB-75

jrios212

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=102164-75198-32477SEN&lpage=none

I've not tried it with the new Reference speakers, but this screwdriver has been able to handle every speaker I've come across. I find it interesting that a lot of speaker drivers use square and torx bolts - you never see flathead and philips is almost just as rare. I wonder what the reason behind the trend is?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=102164-75198-32477SEN&lpage=none

I've not tried it with the new Reference speakers, but this screwdriver has been able to handle every speaker I've come across. I find it interesting that a lot of speaker drivers use square and torx bolts - you never see flathead and philips is almost just as rare. I wonder what the reason behind the trend is?

Too easy for a regular slotted head to slip off and plunge through a cone, Phillips heads round out too easily. There is more surface area to a Torx bit, and the square bits will take a lot of torque without rounding like Hex bits do.

Plus we do kinda want you to all please quit tinkering with them.[*-)]

I think they figure if you're not smart enough to figure out how to get them apart, you shouldn't get them apart.

That was pretty funny.:)

Not only was it funny--It was right on the mark! I had to take apart my RSW-15 and had no idea what the heck those screws were. My wife came in and said she had the exact tool I needed and brought in that star shaped thingy mabob.

Ten minutes into the project I realize that there was no way in He!! that I should have been taking that badboy apart. I got my Amp and preAmp back from Hope on Thursday, planning on calling Customer Service on Friday to help me with the process.

Unfortunately I had to call HP Customer Service and spent 4 hours on the phone and on-line trying to figure out why my repaired HP Computer didn't recognize my HP printer (which it did previously before sending it in).

It was 4 pm in Indy by the time I got the situation rectified, again with the help of my wife, and NO WAY did I have the PMA that I needed to start on my Subwoofer with my nerves already shattered. I hope I have better luck on Monday with Klipsch Customer Service than I did with HP Customer Service.

AT least I will have my Torx Head ready to go and my wonderful wife in shouting distance. [Y]

OK, then what do you call the very special screw heads that I have never seen anywhere except used to construct bathroom stalls that look like they are a half version of Phillips - 'cause the torque planes you would use to turn them counterclockwise are intentionally missing? You know the ones, they will screw in but can't be screwed out? Always wondered why, and only there?