MY KINGDOM FOR 5 FORTE IIS

Roc Rinaldi

• Moderators

" Please continue to keep me in mind since I now have a vision of a total of 7 forte IIs to go along with the new JL Audio f113 sub I picked up last Saturday. The adrenalin is building now. I will send pictures to the forum members when I am done. ( I meant equipment pictures, not me & wifey pictures) "

Don't worry always looking, as far as pictures go, I've seen Forte's but not an F113, but still the other pictures would be more fun. [:o] Just kidding, pic's of the end result would be nice.

Good luck, it only seems like it takes forever to find what you want, but you will.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roc,

I have a pair of FII's in Walnut you may be intersted in. Im in Massachusetts and figured that was out of your driving distance.

I've owned them since new in 88. The finish is not perfect but not bad either. If youre heading to sandwich, MA you should stop by and see if they meet your standards.

remdog

OK remdog, I'm interested. Can you please send me lots of pictures of the speakers? Send them to rrinaldi@jhsph.edu

How close are you to sandwich mass? What an odd name for a town. It's making me hungry. The auction in sandwich doesn't end until Sunday so it looks like I would be coming up there on Sat. 2/17 at the earliest. What have you been powering the forte IIs with? How many watts per channel? Can you rate the speakers on a scale of 1 to 10 for:

1. Cabinet condition?

2. Grill condition?

3. Sound and speaker condition?

remdog, why oh why, are you willing to sell your forte IIs? I'm sure that you realize that it is a great speaker. Do you have a price in mind?

Would you take a trade for my wife? Just kidding I think.

Roc, great post! Just how old are you anyway, that you have no patience to cobble a forte II system together? Well, um, the Alabama f II's are basically mine since you asked. I really want to upgrade to separates and a better video screen but just could not pass those up first since they fit into my master plan (which is very similar to yours). On the finish side, let me tell you that my second pair of f II's are the oak but a previous owner stained them darker and/or put a polyurethane coat on them. This makes them darker than oak oil and more walnut like. The color is fine from that stand-point, of course I can tell they are oak but that is just because of my exposure to different furniture as i grew up antiqueing with my dear departed mom. It may take longer than you think but it will not take too long so keep looking and don't hesitate when opportunity is there. I will also post any leads I find that are near enough to you.

(Referring to your post responding to dtel)

.....an age you will hate when you get to it.

" Please continue to keep me in mind since I now have a vision of a total of 7 forte IIs to go along with the new JL Audio f113 sub I picked up last Saturday. The adrenalin is building now. I will send pictures to the forum members when I am done. ( I meant equipment pictures, not me & wifey pictures) "

Don't worry always looking, as far as pictures go, I've seen Forte's but not an F113, but still the other pictures would be more fun. [:o] Just kidding, pic's of the end result would be nice.

Good luck, it only seems like it takes forever to find what you want, but you will.

dtel how do I put a picture in a reply to you on this thread? I don't know how to do it. My pictures are in the Kodak software on my computer.

JL Audio f113

Roc, great post! Just how old are you anyway, that you have no patience to cobble a forte II system together? Well, um, the Alabama f II's are basically mine since you asked. I really want to upgrade to separates and a better video screen but just could not pass those up first since they fit into my master plan (which is very similar to yours). On the finish side, let me tell you that my second pair of f II's are the oak but a previous owner stained them darker and/or put a polyurethane coat on them. This makes them darker than oak oil and more walnut like. The color is fine from that stand-point, of course I can tell they are oak but that is just because of my exposure to different furniture as i grew up antiqueing with my dear departed mom. It may take longer than you think but it will not take too long so keep looking and don't hesitate when opportunity is there. I will also post any leads I find that are near enough to you.

(Referring to your post responding to dtel)

.....an age you will hate when you get to it.

Did I say 60? I meant 160.

• Moderators

I think all the Forte and Forte ll's have the same color grill , I have never seen a different color.

Edit: I didn't know that Oldtimer, If I ever get energetic I might try all cane grills, they look great on bigger Heritage, I don't know how they would look on Forte ll's though.

Roc,

I've used serveral different recievers over the years. First was an Onkyo, which model number I dont remember. 4 years. I then moved to a Denon AVR 5.1 (70wpc). Used that for 7 years or so. Then went to a HK330 with 65WPC High Current 3 years. For the last 2 years they have been sitting in my dinningroom getting very little use.

The cabinets are about a 7. Few nicks. There is a chip on one of the risers of about an inch on the back left corner.

The Grills are 9.5. no worries here.

They sound as good as ever. No issues. The dustcap on the PR on one is dented but no rips or tears.

The real question is why am I selling. I always wanted to use them as the fronts in my HT. The problem was I could not find a good center that matched the sound. I could never bring myself to pay the price for a used academy. I tried the rc-3 but it just did not sound right. My next thought was the same as yours... FTIIs for 5 channels but I just cant swing the space. (I even thought of finding a beat FII and cutting it in half and using the top for a center).

Im in central mass just south of worcester. sandwich is on cape cod. about 75 minutes with no traffic.

I dont have pics but will take some if you're still interested.

Hey Oldtimer,

Those 89's are just like my 89's. They are my first Klipsch and first premium speaker. I have them for surround duty now. I bought two pairs of black forte twos and use three of them for fronts with K-stacks. The oak 89's blend in with the oak book case in the rear. I also got a set of oak quartets from Boomac for rear centers. Not quite an all forte 7.1 but pretty close. (you know there isn't all that much sound coming out of the rear centers) Get the three across the front if you have room which are the most important. I have an academy that I use to use for center but it is no match for another forte II.

Roc,

To post a picture that is on your computer, first click on the "Options" tab at the top of the message page. Then click on the "Add/Update" button, Then the last set of clicking on the "Browse" button. Find the picture that you want to upload and click "Post". Some people have had problems if they try to review the post first so don't do that, just click to post the message.

Hope this helps,

James

Roc, the grills were according to customer preference. The pair I bought brand new were ordered with the brown grills. Mostly you will find black. Personally I think the brown make them look less obtrusive therefore higher WAF. Of course every W is different.

Yes, every wife is different and yet they are all the same.

Roc,

To post a picture that is on your computer, first click on the "Options" tab at the top of the message page. Then click on the "Add/Update" button, Then the last set of clicking on the "Browse" button. Find the picture that you want to upload and click "Post". Some people have had problems if they try to review the post first so don't do that, just click to post the message.

Hope this helps,

James

I'll try it.

post-25219-13819322029052_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

How do I get the picture to view in normal size? Help.

I have no Idea myself ?

You said you are 60, you obviously married someone younger than yourself !

Now to keep her while trying to put 7 Forte ll's in the house ! [:|] and a big sub.[Y]

That is a nice pic, now you have one more pic than me.

I don't know how to post a pic, I get my wife to post pic's for me, she has more patience with stuff like that.

Nice dessert ? I would guess it's dessert ?