I Made A Big Mistake And I Fixed the Mistake

rmlowz

Hello,

I just wanted to let my forum friends know that I had the Klipsch Ultra II sytem for over two years. I got bored with it and sold it here on the forum and deceided to search for something better. I searched and searched and thought I found something better, the flagship def tech system.Owning it for about 8 months I had myself fooled it was better, until I heard the THX system again. I then realized I made a big mistake. Today I ordered 5 of the 650s 1 pair of the KS-525s both the subs and amp. I am staying with the Klipsch and the search is over for a long time. In my opinion this is the best system out there for movies. I am back in the Klipsch Club and here to stay. I am now loooking into the Heritage or Jubilees for music. One thing I did order is not from the Klipsch Club is a Fathom 113. I need to see and hear what all the hype is about.

rmlowz

Hello,

I know this is a big debate but, do you think the Cornwall IIIs will be better than the 650s up front. I have thought about ordering a pair of cornwalls. What I am afraid of is I would regret not getting the Klipschorns. Somebody told me the Cornwalls sound a lot like the Klipschorns ??

rmlowz

Oh, now you've done it - a can of worms opened. Having owned Cornwalls, Belles, and Klipschorns, I don't think that Corns sound a lot like the Klipschorns due to the difference in bass sound between horn loaded bass (Khorns) and traditional ported bass (Corns). The upper regions - yes. The lower regions - different.

Obviously, by my signature, I prefer the sound of Klipschorn, Belle, Klipschorn up front to that of three Corns - for both music and movies. But, I would take three Corns up front over three 650s.

Just a matter of personal taste since three Corn IIIs up front would also be nice.

Carl.

You've already made the correct decision to return to THE correct speaker company and , in so doing, demonstrated your great wisdom.

I struggled with the same debate. The Ultra II's, a great system, are designed to match the THX response curve for a 3000 cubic foot room.

The energy from a set of 3, 3-way, 15" Cornwalls up front is gonna smoke the 650, imho. If you can do K's or Jub's, then by all means . . .

When I did my analysis, the cost of 3 Cornwalls and 4 Heresys with THX Ultra subs was about the same as the THX Ultra II system (as I recall).

All Klipsch speakers are great!!! I chose Heritage (Corns and Heresys). Pick what sounds good to you. Either way you can't go wrong.

Talk to our buddies, Steve and Michael, at 1-800-Klipsch

(Just thought I'd throw in another option for you to wrestle with)

I guess that I should clarify my last post and add "it also depends on your room." I am also a proponent of matching your speakers to your room, and I believe that some speakers are simply too much for a smaller sized (or uniquely shaped) room. For example, my modded Klipschorns have room to breathe (and for the bass waves to properly load) in my larger basement, but I think my smaller family room might be too narrow for a set of Jubes or Klipschorns. Corns and Heresy offer you a variety of placement options and would not present the same issues for some smaller or medium sized rooms. So, again, it depends, and by all means, pick what sounds best to you.

Carl.