Old Buckster, it's your birthday!

sheltie dave

Sheltie Dave...........good talking to you yesterday, now I have a voice for the name, next up is a face......am getting a little pumped up here, that Scott is coming to a good home, and will be taken care of here. I can not Thank You enough, it is a very nice thing your doing, and I won't ever forget it, but please, if anyone asks you about me, cranky old fart is the right answer........must maintain the image...............EH !!!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to rest my arms and collect my thoughts before posting. All four of the tube amps I brought up to Craig's made it safely, and the Scott will be on the bench at some time, Buckster. I got the nickel, dime and quarter tour of Craig's dungeon of tube stuff. It was crazy fun seeing all the gear, and comforting to know the level of trust many of us have is matched with an even higher level of professional competence.

Craig is going to have the Scott singing for you, Buck. I enjoyed talking with you, and reliving some of the 25 year old memories I have of Ballston Spa, Saratoga Springs, and upstate New York. I'll be sure to give you a yell if and when we make it to West Point to see my bro and family this summer.

Now Buck I've got this old Thorens TD-165 with a Signet cartridge I might throw into the mix....came from a guy closer to your neck of the woods....Canada. He packed like he had never packed before but that is another story. Ready to give vinyl a try?

Tarheel

Sweet! I'll even kick in some LP's if your willing.

Larry

Now Buck I've got this old Thorens TD-165 with a Signet cartridge I might throw into the mix....came from a guy closer to your neck of the woods....Canada. He packed like he had never packed before but that is another story. Ready to give vinyl a try?

Tarheel

Sweet! I'll even kick in some LP's if your willing.

Larry

Lets do it....make buckster a tubes and vinyl guy.

Chuck

Larry, Chuck....................You guys are too much, how can I say this with out offending anyone..............I had a Turntable and Vinyl for over 25 years, I do not wish to go back to that. I sold well over 600 LP's, some with just a play or two on them, and took a big beating selling them all to one person just to get rid of them. I hated then, and would now, changing cartridges, balancing tone arms, etc.............changing sides every 14 to 18 minutes is not a pleasure to me.............ticks, pops, crackle, and skips drives me CRAZY..............changing turntables like I change underwear, because this is a new improved turntable..........rumble from idler wheels that showed up in my recorded tapes.............belts that break.......although they were pretty trouble free..............Direct Drive was pretty nice...........Garrard, Dual, Fisher, Sony, Technics, and last but not least, my favorite, a single play, manual, belt driven AR....................Please, I have done and lived the vinyl experience, and I chose not to return there.................All kidding aside, I am taken back by your offer, but I really must decline..............I can not Thank You enough......but your turntable really should go to someone who wants one, and will use it...................Please remember, when I first started the stereo experience, RECORDS were my only choice............Today I have many choices, and turntables aren't one of them..................I hope this came out right without offending you guys............Thank You again for your kind and generous offer...............IS THIS FORUM SOMETHING....................OR WHAT ????????

I hope what I wrote is taken the right way.............Thanks again Larry, but let me add...........I've got a spot all cleared out, and waitin' for the Scott, this oldbuckster is now like a kid on Christmas Eve.................I'll never grow up.............just grow old...........EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry, Chuck....................You guys are too much, how can I say this with out offending anyone..............I had a Turntable and Vinyl for over 25 years, I do not wish to go back to that. I sold well over 600 LP's, some with just a play or two on them, and took a big beating selling them all to one person just to get rid of them. I hated then, and would now, changing cartridges, balancing tone arms, etc.............changing sides every 14 to 18 minutes is not a pleasure to me.............ticks, pops, crackle, and skips drives me CRAZY..............changing turntables like I change underwear, because this is a new improved turntable..........rumble from idler wheels that showed up in my recorded tapes.............belts that break.......although they were pretty trouble free..............Direct Drive was pretty nice...........Garrard, Dual, Fisher, Sony, Technics, and last but not least, my favorite, a single play, manual, belt driven AR....................Please, I have done and lived the vinyl experience, and I chose not to return there.................All kidding aside, I am taken back by your offer, but I really must decline..............I can not Thank You enough......but your turntable really should go to someone who wants one, and will use it...................Please remember, when I first started the stereo experience, RECORDS were my only choice............Today I have many choices, and turntables aren't one of them..................I hope this came out right without offending you guys............Thank You again for your kind and generous offer...............IS THIS FORUM SOMETHING....................OR WHAT ????????

No offense taken......you said it just right. The Thorens was gathering dust and was looking for a good home. Did I mention I have a third reel to reel that needs a new belt or a new home[:)].Just kidding. Looking forward to your impressions of the Scott.

Chuck

Everyone, I talked to Craig and he has the Scott ready to be packed.He replaced a couple resisters, pulled the old phase splitters and the weak output tubes, benched it, and now has to pack it up for a pampered life at Buck's casa in Saratoga Springs.

If anyone would like to chip in, even after badgering Craig, he says $75 will kill the balance. We hope you have many years enjoying the Scott, Buck, and remember how we came together every time you throw in an Abba or Temps CD[;)]

Enjoy!

Everyone, I talked to Craig and he has the Scott ready to be packed.He replaced a couple resisters, pulled the old phase splitters and the weak output tubes, benched it, and now has to pack it up for a pampered life at Buck's casa in Saratoga Springs.

If anyone would like to chip in, even after badgering Craig, he says $75 will kill the balance. We hope you have many years enjoying the Scott, Buck, and remember how we came together every time you throw in an Abba or Temps CD[;)]

Enjoy!

I will enjoy it, that you can count on............NO ABBA, but the Temptations are welcome......been rearranging things to make room, and the best part, I should have it while the Wife is gone on a vacation............Oh Boy........let the concert begin.............I again, can't thank you enough, really....it's coming to a good home.....Sent check today......square on this end.........THANKS GUYS......Damn, I just cracked my face from smiling.........

Sheltie Dave, Craig and anyone else that had a hand in this put me down for a third of the $75. A great thing you guys did and a very deserving recipient. Send me an address to mail the check. Pay it forward....if we all thought that way. Enjoy the new amp Buckster and give us a full review.....EH!!!!!

Chuck

Roy, sorry I didn't respond earlier, but email and pms have been sporadic. I think we will have the bill retired in short order. For anyone who wants to chip in, Craig's snailmail address and paypal are both at his website - www.nosvalves.com

Klipsch is the reason we have this website, Roy, you guys have already been tremendous in giving us a chance to play in the sandbox and giving us a virtual playground to make friends. Kudos to youse guys and gals at Klipsch!