Old Buckster, it's your birthday!

sheltie dave

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buckster, just to let you know - your Scott made it safely up to Chicago. It is wrapped in a Carhartt winter parka, so it was rather warm during the jaunt up to the Windy City. I'll be driving it up to Craig the first weekend that weather allows.

Please let me know what I need to do on this end.................Can't begin to put in words what I'm feeling, first two words that come to mind, THANK YOU...............

It is OB's VARNISHED opinions that we have problems with...wish he would pick a better vintage...[;)][:P]...feel the good kharma OB...

NEWS FLASH...Man in New Yawk found listening to "The Lone Ranger" via something called "radio" on some sort of get up that has little "light bulbs" in it that only light up an orange color...not even enough to read by...scattered about him were "plastic" discs MUCH larger than CDs but listening to CDs and "old" Klipsch speakers...man had a HUGE grin on his face but couldn't talk...

Bill

Just awsome Dave, OB is truly one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of emailing in quite some time and I can't think of anyone who is more deserving and as hard as that outside shell sounds sometimes he is sitting there beside himself I'm sure. Happy Birthday buddy and I can't wait to hear what you think of the Herries driven by tubes[:D]

I say put that Axis Bold on as soon as you get that amp hooked up[^]

Buck, I put the Scott on the University Dean(and a little computer speaker) with some Hendrix, and jaws dropped to the floor at work. No one could believe a 40 year old amp could put out that kind of sound, especially on a 50 year old speaker. With a dead guy playing, to boot!

Craig mentioned that the output tubes will need replacing. When I got a price a year ago on these, an EH 7591 quad was in the ballpark of $90- $100. I'm pretty sure we can get a couple folks to chip in and wipe the slate clean on this cost.

I figure I can kick in as well, and knock your costs to $100. This will be whenever, and however you can afford to pay. There is no rush. I'll ask Craig if he can get it on his queue and move it smartly - he has massaged it once- and it should still be very solid, judging by how it sounded today.

My immediate younger brother just made it back from Iraq last week, and I started thinking about friends still serving, and friends passed in service. It just hit me that you needed this Scott...kinda a "thanks" for my bro, and all who have served past and present. You need this amp, and it needs you.

Buck, when you do send money, turf it to Craig. I will have a HK Citation there for surgery, and one or two more in the not distant future. For some reason, Craig is good at keeping credit/balance margins.

Weather permitting, hopefully we can have you heating your house with tubes in a couple weeks![;)]

• Moderators

First song........How about Old Love # 13 from the EC Unplugged, a great song.

" Craig mentioned that the output tubes will need replacing. When I got a price a year ago on these, an EH 7591 quad was in the ballpark of $90- $100. I'm pretty sure we can get a couple folks to chip in and wipe the slate clean on this cost."

We need to set something up when the time comes. [Y]

First song........How about Old Love # 13 from the EC Unplugged, a great song.

" Craig mentioned that the output tubes will need replacing. When I got a price a year ago on these, an EH 7591 quad was in the ballpark of $90- $100. I'm pretty sure we can get a couple folks to chip in and wipe the slate clean on this cost."

We need to set something up when the time comes. [Y]

I'm in! Craig can even bump the Scott ahead of my MKIII if that helps getting this rolling faster!

Larry

Put me down for a tube but my vote for first song is "My Inflatable
Doll" by Root Boy Slim. Or maybe "I'm Not to Old for You" (I'm 24 and
you're still in high school, ring a bell anybody). Or maybe, "My Name
is Lefty, Left for Dead".

ROOT,ROOT, ROOT!!!!!

Just awsome Dave, OB is truly one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of emailing in quite some time and I can't think of anyone who is more deserving and as hard as that outside shell sounds sometimes he is sitting there beside himself I'm sure. Happy Birthday buddy and I can't wait to hear what you think of the Herries driven by tubes[:D]

I say put that Axis Bold on as soon as you get that amp hooked up[^]

I agree that Bob is one great guy!! (since I'm agreeing how great Bob is, he can't lower the boom on me, can ya Buckette????!!! [6])