Shipping Belles

jazman

Does anyone have shipping boxes for a pair of Belles?

I recently purchased a pair(lifelong dream) and need to get them from the original owner in PA to the SF Bay area. He is the original owner but his boxes have long since decayed.

Klipsch wants $118 per box to purchase from them. I will gladly pay to rent them and return them after use. Any alternate ideas gladly accepted.

Ok world,

There must be someone out there with these shipping boxes. I'm still hoping someone will come through for me but I'm not holding my beath. Since Klipsch only uses cardboard boxes and styrofoam, I may do something similar with a 1/4 inch plywood bottom in each, 1 or 3/4 inch styrofoam pieces lining the sides of the boxes and corner bracing. I'll keep you posted.

Mike, do you have a pickup truck if I can reduce the shipping cost by picking them up at the trucking terminal? Then you could listen all you want when I set them up.

Klipsch out.

Edmond

Edmond,

When I had my LaScalas shipped to me (freight trucked), the sender put each speaker on a regular wood pallet. The speaker was wrapped in thin foam sheeting then overlayed with cardboard. Then, the whole thing was wrapped in plastic wrap (like Saran kitchen wrap). It worked out great! Here, we have lots of places that sell used pallets. All the other stuff is available from moving supply stores (like U-Haul stores) or from some of the bigger Home Depot/Lowes stores. These items are not expensive, but my speakers arrived safely from their 1300 mile journey.

Ross

------------------

My System's Stuff

Ross is 100% correct! You don't need the original boxes. That's too easy and convenient anyway! cwm19.gif

Have the seller do exactly what ross said. Pay him $50 per speaker for his labor and be done with it.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

NOTHING-Thanks for NOTHING UBid!(No reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

Thanks Ross and "eyes".

The seller and I have agreed to do something very similar to your suggestion. Use Styrofoam sheets/slabs as padding covered with cardboard, then a light weight skid large enough for both speakers to be taped/wrapped together front to front which can be split apart on arrival to make off loading easier.

Thanks for your help. I hope the Belle's will cure my case of Klipsch desease. Is there anyone who wants/needs to purchase a C6 center or KSF S5 surrounds? I'm using C7 and RS 3 IIs with my KLF 20's for HT and no longer need the C6 and S5's.

Klipsch out.

Edmond

eyes,

Maybe I can try to post some pics after the holidays and xmas trees etc. are no longer around. At this very moment Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" CD is drifting thoughout the house, sounding oh so sweet on the Belles. At the moment I'm in the master bedroom on the second floor. They are located on the first floor of a modest two story home, in a room that is a combination formal living and dining area. (It's CA remember.)The dimensions are roughly 18 ft wide, 25 ft long, with the location of the speakers on a narrower section of the front wall about 12 ft wide before opening up to 18 ft across. The ceiling is 18-20 ft high and open to the second floor. I wanted to be able to fill this cavern with sweet music and the Belles are definitely up to the job. Here's the equipment set up so far.

Nakamichi 620 power amp 100x100 watts

Crown IC 150A preamp

Phillips CD player

Belles connected with Audio Quest Bedrock wire.

I will complete the setup with a B&O turntable, Teac Reel, Nakamichi cassette, Marantz tuner. All were used by me already for many years with my KG 4.2s. Needless to say, upgrades could occur at any time and any piece.

Considering the KLF 20's as fronts, RS3II's, KSW15 and KSW12, KG4.2s with my HT setup in the family room, additional pair of KG4.2's upstairs, Quintets for small HT setup in master bedroom, I can't say enough about the sound of the Belles and how they fill the house. Just....WOW!

Now all I have to do is maintain self control and not buy a pair of Khorns for sale by a gent in nearby Martinez, CA.

That's all for now.

Klipsch out.

Edmond

I must maintain self control...........

I must maintain self control..............