Paragon on ebay

BS Button

I bought that 12A from Guy so I could compare to the point to point model 12 that I had at the time. I couldn't hear a difference, and didn't lose money on either when I sold them to get a Blueberry. They were very good, but like others I don't think they're worth $1k these days. The features were nice - the EQ was very usable and sounded good but the Blueberry sounds better to me. Eight premium 12AX7 weren't cheap to keep it fed, either...

I can't remember where the 12 went, but the 12A ended up in Greece. Nice pres. If you spin vinyl they'd be a great buy for $6-700 these days (if you have nice 12AX7 on hand). They're not the last word in transparency, but I found them enjoyable with Amperex long plate BB in the phono and Teles in the line section. The EQ is subtle - immune to extreme settings.

That was a pretty minor scuffle at the time.

Hello,

By the way, what kind of Paragon Model 12 is the one on the picture? A friend of mine bought it. It only has 2 phono inputs. Can anyone help out with a shematic of the 12A circuit? Any other additional information is also highly appreciated.

Another question is, does anyone know what could be the reason for hum which is present in my 12A if the single channel volume controls are beyond
10 o'clock? If I crank them really up the unit hums even if you have turned down the main volume control all the way.

I also noticed that the unit which is offered in the mentioned ebay auction has a slightly different PCB board layout and some different parts used. So my unit has a higher serial number than the one on ebay i guess its a later model with some changes. Any information on this?

Best regards

Ron from Germany

My friends Model 12:

PICT0110klein.jpg

Below you see the inside of my own Paragon 12A after modification.

JPIjssWAtParagon%20innen%20klein.jpg