Tangent xover schematic?

longdrive03

Klipsch technical support has traditionally been very willing to share crossover schematics for obsolete speaker lines (but I wouldn't necessarily expect them to provide it to you on this forum- email them). You are going to need to supply them with a model #. Good Luck

• 6 years later...

yes please

Why not post them here for everyone to enjoy? :)

I have to jump in here and mention bob crites. He is very knowledgable on all klipsch lines and helped me with mods to my tangent 5000's and im still not done. He is also very reasonable on pricing. Im tough to deal with and hate spending too much and only 3/4 months ago i started buying from him and to date have spent about $500 with him, elsewhere would had been $1k+ easily, true statement. Due to his honesty i have to thank him every time i deal with him or his family. My point being made here is Bob Crites is the most knowledgable guy i know on the tangent line let alone klipsch pro and heritage line.

Dealing with klipsch original parts is easy as well. They always direct me to what works best in 1 call, not several and being put on hold or callbacks in my experience with them...klipsch the company have helped me seems ever so effortlessly. klipsch service is very good...

That is interesting. With the tangent 5000 it is the same woofer as the heresy 3 both with k28 woofers and 4ohms. I do not know their crossover point off hand although due to the passive driver in the tangent 5000 facing foward it makes them very easy to place as mains and or surrounds floor standing or using stands or not in some setups. I have to make a point here and i do have schematics and manuals in my collection in my library...as rare as tangents are if you can get your hands on tangent 400,500,4000or5000 jump on them. They are normally cheap in price when sold although the black cab covering wears off easily they can be redone and these speakers as well as the rest of the tangent line are amazing in stock form, with mods they are amazing with endless possabilities. The 4&5000 are the same with their crossovers built onto the speaker lead plate and with mods these cabs are a great place to start.

at this point in time no matter what tangents we own it would be suggested you replace the stock caps. once this is done not only do they sound better than with old caps, depending on the caps you chose they sound better than when bought new and im sure thats what the original poster is getting at here. i wish i could find more tangents around. if i could i would likely have a complete tangent system running, maybe 2. with time and patience i hope to do so. i have yet to see or hear of one complete with all tangents other than 2ch systems. tangents love vacuum tubes in my experience(at high tube amp wattage as well) even more so than the reference and heritage line in some cases in my opinion as well as others i have discussed this with. i know im not being much help rambling on here but i have left my tangent questions up to bob crites due to his vast knowledge of tangents and honest pricing . . .