.....and the beat goes on. WTB forte IIs

Roc Rinaldi

...I dunno.

Look here is where I am.

I've got a 7.1 amp & A/V controller shipping to me this week so my main power is covered.

However, I only have four speakers. This doesn't seem to add up does it? I have two mint forte IIs and two mint KG-4s. I have been doing listening tests on these four speakers for over 15 years now and I kinda like their sound a lot. It's just me I guess. So, I figure, I'll add three more forte IIs and that ads up to seven speakers which fits nicely with a 7.1 amp. The problem is that Klipsch doesn't seem to be selling any forte IIs right now. So I am stuck trying to find USED forte IIs in mint condition. Guess what, they aren't that easy to find.

You mentioned chorus IIs. Isn't it safest, particularly for music listening, to configure seven of the exact same speakers for matching purposes? Especially if you like the sound of the speaker. Isn't it best to exclusively use floor standing models to best fill up the room with accurate sound?

...I dunno.

I used to be a stereo nut now, I guess, I'm becoming a 7.1 nut by converting my stereo system over. I was happy with stereo, but we all must move on from time to time and I am committed to the 7.1 now. If only I could find enough forte IIs to add up to seven.

You mentioned chorus IIs. Isn't it safest, particularly for music listening, to configure seven of the exact same speakers for matching purposes? Especially if you like the sound of the speaker. Isn't it best to exclusively use floor standing models to best fill up the room with accurate sound?

lol - you missed the joke....7 Chorus II's are harder to come by than 7 Forte II's.... [;)]

I know you hate to hear this but just stay patient. Sometimes there is an abundance of what you want on the market. You might need to be flexible on the finish, and you might also think about taking some quartets for two of the surrounds if they present themselves. It has been my observation that quartets are harder to come by than F II's.

Hey Roc,

Doc and I were chatting last night and you came up in your quest for the Forte II holy grail. I offhandedly mentioned that maybe someone should suggest Chorus II's instead.

Bear with me for just a minute.

I've had Chorus I's since new in 1989. I recently purchased a pair of matching Forte I's from an old high school buddy. I must say at first, I was really impressed by the Depth that the Forte provided, but now that I've owned them for a while, I notice that the Chorus's still whip the Forte's down low. Seems though that the mid sqwaker is a little more forward than the forte, giving the illusion that the Forte diggs deeper, but with my Forte's as mains and the Chorus's as rear surrounds, I now can audibly notice when the rear channels are receiving a deeper note over the Forte's.

I've also noticed lately that there seems to be a plethora of Chorus II's on the market of late. I'm wondering if you could scrounge a pair or three of the Chorus II's, and sell your Forte's and Kg4's you might be happier yet.

Just a thought.

FYI, a stunning pair of WO Forte' II's showed up on eBay in MA with original cartons and all. Pickup Only so you might get a good deal.

Chorus or Chorus II will blend well and perform equally.

I'm on it like Parmesan cheese on Spaghetti.

I've talked to the seller and I've entered a bid. If I win, and I will, I will be meeting the seller on the George Washington bridge in NY.

This set of speakers is a perfect match to the two I already have. A perfect fit.

The other forum suggestions are very good and they are helping me Psychologically. You have to realize that I have been living with forte IIs for 17 years now and I still like them a whole lot. Maybe what you don't know doesn't hurt you. All I know is that I have never wanted another speaker of any kind since I began listening to the forte IIs. If I really strike out then I may have to consider the other models referenced here.

When you find something that works, stick with it. I know that they are old but so am I so we will be comfortable together, I guess.

..........any way it sure looks like I will be getting the "stunning" forte IIs located North of Boston, real soon.

That makes 4 down and 3 to go.!!!

At the very top right of the forum, there is a spot that says:

Signed in as <username>
| Sign out
| Help
| Inbox

Click on your username (either here in this post or at the top right of the forum).

It
will bring you to an interface where you can adjust all sorts of forum
behavior. You need to go to the "avatar" tab (avatar is the name of the
picture associated with your username) and then upload a picture from
your harddrive. Or if the picture is already uploaded to the internet
somewhere, you can put the URL of the picture in the URL box. Press the
save changes button and your avatar will be changed.

While
you're at it you can enter your system profile and change the content
editor for your posts. I prefer to use the "Free TextBox3 - Enhanced"
as it runs a lot smoother than the default one, and has a better
interface. You can feel free to try anything in the list though.

You
can also view your "favorites" tab which lists all the posts and people
you have marked as favorites. I find that it's an easy way to hunt down
resourceful posts. To add a post or user to your favorites, there is a
button on every page that looks like this:

Favorites

And then one last tidbit - you can view your PM's by clicking on Inbox.

I'm sure most people are familiar with most of this, but I figured I
would just write it all out just in case....

...and I can just copy
and paste everytime the question comes up.

FYI, a stunning pair of WO Forte' II's showed up on eBay in MA with original cartons and all. Pickup Only so you might get a good deal.

I've talked to the seller and I've entered a bid. If I win, and I will, I will be meeting the seller on the George Washington bridge in NY.

This set of speakers is a perfect match to the two I already have. A perfect fit.

The other forum suggestions are very good and they are helping me Psychologically. You have to realize that I have been living with forte IIs for 17 years now and I still like them a whole lot. Maybe what you don't know doesn't hurt you. All I know is that I have never wanted another speaker of any kind since I began listening to the forte IIs. If I really strike out then I may have to consider the other models referenced here.

When you find something that works, stick with it. I know that they are old but so am I so we will be comfortable together, I guess.

..........any way it sure looks like I will be getting the "stunning" forte IIs located North of Boston, real soon.

Where you gonna stop on the GWB? I used to go to NYC every year. Ex gf was from the Bronx, if you crossed the GWB and Billy Joel's 'New York State of Mind' came on the radio, it was magic. I recorded a CD with a bunch of NYC tunes including John Lennon and we cried every time we entered the city. It's a beautiful place.

Glad your search is so fruitful Roc! You're definitely persevering!

Michael

Where you gonna stop on the GWB? I used to go to NYC every year. Ex gf was from the Bronx, if you crossed the GWB and Billy Joel's 'New York State of Mind' came on the radio, it was magic. I recorded a CD with a bunch of NYC tunes including John Lennon and we cried every time we entered the city. It's a beautiful place.

Glad your search is so fruitful Roc! You're definitely persevering!

Michael

The plan is to meet in the middle of the bridge, stop traffic, and make the swap while "You can't always get what you want." is playing in the background.

Don't worry, I will be taking plenty of pictures.

This is only my first set. I still need four more forte IIs to get to 7.1.

Maybe for the next set, I can meet someone over the Grand Canyon and make the exchange in helicopters!!