Need some help? $1,500 to spend

SPORTS96

I am selling my house and am including the bose that I currently have with the house.

So I want to get something new for the house. I dont want to send much more than

about $1,500 if possible. I need everything receiver and speakers, I do have a sony

dvd player. Do you think that this is doable? If so any recommendations on a reciever

and speakers would be greatly appreciated. My dad currently has some Klipsch speakers

for his surround sound and they sound louder as far as bass goes than my old Bose.

I heard that you want to spend most of your money on the speakers and less on the

receiver, is this what you would recommend.

Thanks for any help I need all the help I can get last time i listened to the wrong person

and spend $3,000 on a Bose Lifestyle 35. I dont want to make the same mistake again.

Some more specifics would help. Such as have you any idea how large the new room will be? Do you want surround or are you looking for a two channel system. Since you posted in HT I would guess you are looking for surround. Are you willing to be patient for used or do you want to buy new? You can do better used but some won't go there.

Do you have room for floorstanding mains, or do you prefer bookshelf?

I would buy a $200 5.1 receiver, and then get the RF-82's for mains with the RC-62 Center (approx. $1200). Then, when your budget allows, add two RS-52 surrounds for approx. $600, and a used subwoofer. You can just buy "filler" speakers until you can get good ones for dirt cheap, for your surrounds and your rears.

You want a good foundation, and the RF-82/RC-62 combo is sooooooo nice. Maybe not "fire-breathing dragon" RF-83/RC-64 nice, but very nice.