NH Criags List - Klipschorns $1500

Turnip

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just called and sent another email...let's see if I can get some pic's.

I have my truck ready and cash in hand......maybe I should wait for the pic's first....

Spoke to the seller....I am on my way to pick these up.

That's $1500 each. I talked to the seller when he first listed them at $1250 for the pair... Apparently I was the second caller. APPARENTLY the first caller said "DUDE! Do you have any idea what those are worth?!?!?"

According to the seller they were in flawless cosmetic and working condition and were quite similar to a set that had just recently sold on eBay for $3550.

That's $1500 each. I talked to the seller when he first listed them at $1250 for the pair... Apparently I was the second caller. APPARENTLY the first caller said "DUDE! Do you have any idea what those are worth?!?!?"

According to the seller they were in flawless cosmetic and working condition and were quite similar to a set that had just recently sold on eBay for $3550.

Oh you gotta be kidding me. No such thing as a free lunch.... bummer that the guy called him and told him that. I just checked and the ad has been deleted. Ugh.

- d

I've had this happen to me twice with a pair of Chorus II and Cornwall. At least one other potential buyers who called after me proceeded to tell Seller they were underpriced, etc. etc. Almost cost me one sale. They weren't crazy low prices like $100 bucks or so. Reasonable realm. Almost like the potential buyer was merely pissed off he was too late on them and wanted to muddy the waters for spite. I find it hard to believe the "first" caller would say that to the seller if truely interested.

misson accomplished.

13 hrs total road time...just got back.

These are 1983 factory walnut. Price for the pair was 1500. Plus about 80 bucks in gas and tolls. Added bounus was an Akia 4000D reel to reel for 20 bucks.

Seller was a real nice guy. He dropped what he was doing and drove 2 hrs to meet me and help me load up.

He took the listing down becuase he was getting flooded with tire kickers and I pretty much told him I was on my way up with cash to buy them. I also told him that to avoid any confussion, just tell everyone that they are sold. I have had numerous occassions where the seller say's sorry I got confused with all the callers and I mixed up who was who and just sold them to the first person who showed up with cash.

These were original owner's...current owner had them since day 1.

As far as the speakers go...they over all in perfect condition with a grade of walnut veneer that matches my home office furniture perfectly. They have k-55-m mid drivers and AK-2 xovers.

They have a dark tan color sceme for the grills. Coner seals are included.

My plans for them is to either install the AK-4 upgrade kit which I have in my possession (AK-4 xovers, K-77-F tweeters, K-55-X mids, and new K-33's) or to install the ES400+ES5800 extreme slope xovers which I also have in my possession.

Excellent, but a little disappointing. When I spoke to the seller he promised me first right of refusal and took my phone number :(

The price went from $1250 to $3350 to $2999 and finally sold for $1500 the pair... Oh well, there seems to be pretty good Klipsch saturation up here in the northeast... maybe my dream set will come along. Then I can relegate my Quartets to rear-channel surround duty! :)

"TOP strikes again................That is a good deal......you'll like them alot I bet............Good for You, FINE SCORE..........EH !!!!!!!!!!! "

The last time I had a set of Khorns was in 1986. I gave those to my brother before going to Germany. When I got back, I decided to let them stay with their new onwer.

I always wanted a set of nice looking walnut khorns.

jtnfoley is not online. Last active: 02-23-2007, 7:18 AMjtnfoley

"The price went from $1250 to $3350 to $2999 and finally sold for $1500 the pair... Oh well, there seems to be pretty good Klipsch saturation up here in the northeast... maybe my dream set will come along. Then I can relegate my Quartets to rear-channel surround duty! :)"

I left work ealry was was north bound by 1pm.

Keep in mind I had no idea what I was getting into...did not see any PIC's...and the seller was under the gun to empty out a house and I did not feel comfortable making him paint me picture stories about what he was selling. So I took a 12+ driving gamble that these were the Khorns I been looking for.

As far as the price....I really paid 300 bucks more than what I thought I would wind up getting some local khorns for....been looking on and of for a few years but pretty seriously in the last three months. I seen plenty of 1000 - 1200 deals and was hoping to land one of those someday.

But like I said, this seller had enough issues on his plate to deal with with out me trying to play monte hall and haggle the price down a couple hundred.

Where are you located? Are you looking for Khorns, LaScala's, Heresy's?

Excellent, but a little disappointing. When I spoke to the seller he promised me first right of refusal and took my phone number :(

The price went from $1250 to $3350 to $2999 and finally sold for $1500 the pair... Oh well, there seems to be pretty good Klipsch saturation up here in the northeast... maybe my dream set will come along. Then I can relegate my Quartets to rear-channel surround duty! :)

I think Khorns are few and far between in the Northeast..........either there's not many of them, or those who have them don't want to give them up, can't say as I blame them.............seems to be a fair amount of other models here, Cornwalls come to mind...........Hang in there, you'll find a pair...........

Speakerfritz - Congratulations... Bonus points for him being a nice seller, orig owner, etc. Adds a certain 'sumthin sumthin' to the purchase. Pictures please? Curious as to why you'd consider the AK-4 when you have Al's ES laying around.

Speakerfritz...

What Meagain said! Your deal sounds like a truly happy ending for all... congratulations. Would love to see some photos when you have them all settled down in their new home.

Rob

meagain

" Curious as to why you'd consider the AK-4 when you have Al's ES laying around."

I also have an extra set of AL-4's laying around...the mid section is the same on the AL-4 and the AK-4....if I used the AK-4's.....I could add the extra AL-4's and tri-wire/tri-amp as opposed to just the defualt bi-wire/biamp. I would run the mids from the mids of the AL-4 and the tweeter and woofer from the AK-4.

On the other hand...I want to at least try the es400+es5800 since I have a mod for them that I am curious about....I am going to replace the stock autoformer with one the size of a large 2" roll of masking tape weigthing in at 6lbs each.

Pictures as soon as I unload and setup...they are still in my SUV.