Klipschorn 'Remodel' Project [Finally] Finished !

RFP

That must have been a mess Marvel...a melted lp dripping on your tubes....no accidents like that or Rob's wifes experience... but I still keep my fingers crossed. I would like for my wife to feel comfortable using the equipment...except for the TT....that is too delicate and the cartridge alone cost more than my first car. One droped arm and there goes that extended cantilever. I have been meaning to write down the sequence and precautions for using the rest of the system but she is not a critical listener and had just as soon put a cd in the Bose radio in the kitchen. She does seem impressed with my system when some of her friends come over and I put on one of her cds such as Andre Bocelli or Josh Groban.

Rob...I thought while I was posting this morning that the flowers might be plastic but glad you made that clear. Those speakers are way too nice to end up with a stained top. You know I have been thinking about a thread on equipment as eye candy.....I spend some time cleaning, oiling, and polishing all my pieces, but I have known folks who could care less about the looks as long as the sound is good. It would be interesting to see what the break down on the forum would be.

Good chatting with you both.

Chuck

Rob,

Two things;

First, when can I drop off my Khorns to you for their "missionization"?

Second, when your wife is preforming again will you please let us know so we can try to attend? It would be a fun trip from Austin.

Travis

Travis...

OK, since this forum doesn't allow me to see the 'twinkle' in your eye, there's no way for me to tell if you are joking or not (!), but for what it's worth, here's a quickie answer to your first question: To do a 'missionization' of your Klipschorns would not require them to be here at all. In doing mine, I used only one of the top hats' original panels. In other words, I just made all new parts and panels except for the lower horizontal panel. If I did another pair, I would make all of the parts new. So, if you really have any interest in this, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss what you would like and how long you might have to work to pay for it ! [*-)] Since I now have a set of templates for the panels, the next pair would be a bit quicker. [;)]

Second, these days, virtually all of Linda's playing venues are private functions; but should something else come up, I'll sure let you know. In the meantime, next time you are in the Fort Worth area with time to spare, drop by... maybe we could talk her into playing a few tunes for you. [8]

Rob

I used to play... sounds horribly depressing. After taking lessons for up to 13 years and at the collegiate level I realized that there was little window of opportunity in the field of music. Couple that with a disability, I cant perform as much as I had years ago. So now the passion is to collect great audio gear to play the music and try to enjoy it as much as I had played it. Not the same, but on Klipsch, its a distant second.