Anyone want to trade?????????????????????

myram

I am interested in trading my pair of Oak KG 1.5's for any of the following speakers - Black KG 1.5's, Black RS-3's, Black SS-1's, or Black KG .5's. Mine are in excellent_like new condition, so yours should be too to be considered for trade.

I would also be interested in trading my pair of Walnut Quartets for a pair of Black Forte II's or Chorus II's (I would throw in some $$$ to even the trade). Again, mine are in excellent_like new condition, so yours should be too to be considered for trade.

So, if anyone is interested in doing either of the above trades......email me at myram@angelfire.com .

Thanks,

Steve

------------------

Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by myram on 12-14-2001 at 09:58 PM

Well it's not so much as to upgrade as it is for asthetic purposes. With the new look of my home theater setup, I want to go with all black speakers. The Academy is black, the KG .5's are black, the SVS is black, so now I am just trying to go black with the others.

If I can't find someone to trade the KG 1.5s with, I will end up painting them black. As much as I hate to do this.....it is all I have left to do.

I might even buy another pair of KG .5's or a pair of RS-3's and sell my KG 1.5's. That way I would put the RS-3's on the side walls, and move the KG .5's to the rear wall.

The Quartets are going to be the hard part because of the size of them and the size of the speakers I want.

But I am in no hurry to do any of this.....so hopefully in time something will come my way.

c>

------------------

Home Theater Page

Myram,

Don't paint those 1.5's black!!!! Find a black pair, and sell the 1.5s --- I'll take them if I can unload my KG1s in oiled oak. How about paint yourself a cardboard box sleeve and place it around your 1.5s in the meantime. You could also do it in plywood. Sand it down real nice and paint it black. You could build a box to encase them in, and get some speaker grill material to put in front of it. Walla! black rear speakers. That should hold you over until you find those perfect black rears.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Steve-

Ah, I hear ya. I would like to find a OO pair of KG 1.2s and I'd swap out the black pair I bought off eBay to round out the 7-ch system. I will keep the black KV-4, since I have a black TV, but I sure like the OO of the Fortes and KGs.

There was a black pair of Chorus IIs on eBay about a week ago, and that seems to be a pretty popular color for the Forte/Chorus family. Probably second behind walnut. Best of luck in your search.

Now there's the solution...

Steve, you gimme your MO 1.5s, and I'll send my OO KG1s to Jhawk, and then he gives you his black ones.

What are the odds that all three pairs of these speakers are in the same condition? Mine are essentially brand new right down to the original box and packaging. It's like they came out of a museum. What I don't really understand is the difference between the 1s and the 1.2/1.5. On the old website, I remember the drivers in the 1.2/1.5 being the same, but the drivers in the 1s were different, and cost nearly 50% more to replace! The specs are identical, however.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron