Speaker Wire Recommendations

joeglow

hey wrench722, yeah i have read that article, that is how i decided on my wire! i love these debates sooner or later that article comes out. there is another one simular to it, but both say the same thing.

the wire i use is the same wire they wire up airplanes, so i figured if it works for million dollar aircraft, it should work for me...lol

Use Blue Jeans Cable, you can't go wrong. Plus they have articles on all of the subjects we have been discussing here.

......now for the kicker.......

Well, how many strands of wire are optimum in speaker wire? Just one strand? 38 strands? 126 strands? 12 guage is very good but there are other considerations like the number of strands.

yeah i know about the stands. i will tell you this if you take standard copper solid core wire, and wire your system and then take the best 12awg wire with 1000 strands (i don't know the actual number) i don't think you will hear a difference. now maybe if you had access to certain measuring devices, i am sure there is a difference..

i will give you a high five for blue jeans, awesome canare cables and the guys there are helpful. i also like cable solutions, the guy mark, he'll talk to you as long as you let him. very informative

Use Blue Jeans Cable, you can't go wrong. Plus they have articles on all of the subjects we have been discussing here.

......now for the kicker.......

Well, how many strands of wire are optimum in speaker wire? Just one strand? 38 strands? 126 strands? 12 guage is very good but there are other considerations like the number of strands.

I too went with Blue Jeans cable. I had some that were 40' runs so I went with 10 gauge. The cost difference was minimal for the added thickness and since I was running it through several walls, it was rated for this. I did not want to have to replace it any time soon.

If by Littllerock you mean Dassault, I would love to but no.

I live in Dallas,TX and work for a compagny which provides training on the Dassault line, we do have a center in Little rock as well ( hint, hint )

I'm currently runnning the falcon 20 program but I'm hoping, may be one day,somehow to get involved with the 7x

Where are you in Texas?

i live in lewisville right now, i might be moving to rockwall.

yeah i was asking for you worked for dassault in little rock. that would be cool to do the training on those planes. i worked for the company for 4 years building every model they have. i like the 2000 line the most. the 50ex was a pain in the neck! i have to admit they are some of the best built planes out there. the inspection on them takes so long and they are very through.

Burning houses down with speaker wire!?!?![:o][^o)][:|][:S][*-)]

What the hell are you guys doing!?

Even if you do it wrong, this shouldn't be an option!

And with all due respect, if anyone has ever come close to doing such a thing, I would suggest you just read and refrain from posting. [:P]

Heck, I have dealt with SR rigs pushing capacities more than 150KW and we didn't even come close! And I have inadvertently 'welded' with a MacroTech (well, I inadvertently had a banana plug (which quickly vaporized) bouncing about a steel work bench spitting sparks and sounding like a firefight!) (And running a kW linear on a CB rig! Now that's a heater - and ithe antenna cooks a great hot dog - or your hand!! But starting a fire with speaker cable! Need we mention that they are not designed for 120/240V! (although zip cord can do that!)[:P] [:D]