Bob Crites Tweeters - CT125 for sale - Free Ship in U.S. - $125

Cut-Throat

How do these compair to the stock k-77 tweeters?

The CT125 has a considerably extended range above the K77 and is a drop in replacement. To my ears, the sound of cymbal strikes and such is extraordinarily realistic and live sounding, relative to the K77. It's power handling makes it essentially bullet proof in Heritage speakers. It also has a frequence response that is safe to 3500khz, though in a Heritage crossover would rolled off at 6000khz.

Bob Crites has fabricated the horn flare so that it is an exact match for the horn flare of the K77 and the driver mounted on the rear, is slightly larger than the K77, but it will fit in the same clearance allowed for the K77. It has a screw mount to attach the driver to the horn flare.

Preferences are of course personally subjective. In my observation of the users posting on this tweeter there is a considerable majority who prefer the CT125 to the K77. There are some, though, who prefer the K77 sound.

I have enjoyed using the CT125 in some applications changing mid to tweeter crossover point, but most folks use it as a drop in replacement with no crossover changes at all.

To my ears, it is an improvement over the K77

Sorry I didn't get an e-mail off to you sooner. Had a headache\neckache took some Aleve and passed out. Sent the Paypal out a few minutes ago. I know I should have posted on this thread but the headache was killing me and I couldn't look at the screen anymore.