My RF-7s on eBay

wuzzzer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280089017806&rd=1&rd=1

As stated in the auction, I will deliver or meet someone up to 100 miles from St. Cloud, Minnesota for free.

I posted them for sale on here before and didn't have any realistic offers or interest so its on to eBay.

If any forum member ends up being the high bidder and the actual shipping costs are less than $195 I will refund the difference.

Wuzzer,

I'm curious how a top of the line set of Klipsch Reference speakers gets so dinged up. Were they like that when you got them? Moved by someone else? Kids wrastling around tipping them over? The events which the speakers have been through would be important for me to know in order to seriously bid.

I wish these were local to me, I think I would buy them for a second pair! I LOVE the RF-7! You will not have any problem selling them. They will go fast! Don't forget to post to your http://craigslist.com for your local area, it's a very good place to sell to your local area. I buy more from craigslist than I ever bother with ebay because it's much safer. I've been scammed 3 times on ebay after very careful with positive ratings so I've been scared off from ebay, so post on craigslist for local for people like me that are too scared to use ebay anymore!

Are they dinged up? I can't see from the photos, guess my computer screen isn't showing that. Guess I'll have to check on the bigger screen at work. If they are dinged up, I wouldn't be interested because I like mine in mint condition but they aren't local to me so it counts me out all together.

The previous owner tried moving them himself when he moved into his new house. The damage occured to the cabinets during that move. Apparently they were larger/heavier than he realized and that's when they were damaged.

hard to tell but I hope the foam is not blocking those ports because it will have a serious effect on the sound...

I'll take a closer look at them but I'm pretty sure the foam is more visible because of the angle of the pic and the fact that the flash shows the foam more clearly then with normal lighting.

Almost every time I sell something electronics related on eBay I get emails like that. It says right in the auction that I'll ship to the U.S. only! I'd bet that most inquiries like that are from scammers, but I suppose a few are legitimate. I just tell people that I don't have any experience shipping overseas and have no idea what it would cost or what shipping company to use.

The speakers had been bid up to $761.61. For whatever reason (he/she says 'Entered Wrong Amount) the high bidder retracted their bid a day and a half after they placed it. That caused a chain reaction. The person who was then the next high bidder by default retracted HIS bid, too. Fortunately he emailed me and explained what happened. Apparently once he was outbid he ended up buying another pair of RF-7s through a buy-it-now on eBay. I know his story is legit because I checked his feedback and the items he bid on and one of them is for a pair of RF-7s that he bought the day after he was outbid for mine.

So now they sit back at $494.99, but 59 people are watching the auction in their My eBay section and there's been over 900 visits to the auction.

Well, they ended for $746.00. I had hoped to get between 700 and 800 for them. The high bidder has a friend who lives an hour away from me that I'll be delivering them to, so no worries about shipping them!

They will be missed, but my Forte IIs will ease the pain of the loss. [:)]