SVS wall logos!

Kain

Click here: http://www.svsubwoofers.com/SVSwalllogos.htm

Smile.gif

------------------

Will be getting the following in December.

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" FD Trinitron WEGA)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (HiFi VCR)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

>>>When somebody asks WHAT IS THIS OIL BARREL you point on the wall...OH ITS SVS.<<<

conversely,you can have the receipt framed for 4 little cubes. Then when someone sez, "those 4 cubes sound pretty good..about the same clean output as my single SV...how much?"

You can point to the wall and be damn proud you just spent 4x the amount the SV owner did to enjoy the same clean lowend.

different strokes,

TV

TV,

The Sunfire Signature matches your barrel of oil in output.Dont compare the tiny Junior.

Oh and by the way at least I dont have to explain what the huge barrel is doing in the corner. Wink.gif

All the four cubes combined would fit in ONE of your HUGE cylinders with room to speare! You with ForrestGump may even fitt in there! LOL

No wonder they have OUTPUT,the size of a bettleship gun you better have BOOM.cwm13.gif

Your Ultra is impressive,the Cylinder series are ok.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

>>>TV,

The Sunfire Signature matches your barrel of oil in output.Dont compare the tiny Junior.<<<

The jr is the only subwoofer bob has submitted for soundvision measurements. At $800 it has about 1/4th of the clean output a single 20-39 has.

The HGS12 outgunned the MKII handily in Keele's reviews in clean bass output.

Since a single 20-39 outgunned the HGS15(not the 12!)...I think it's pretty clear the 20-39 would toast the mkII.

When I see the output of the *sig* measured, I'll believe all the marketing hyperbole surrounding it. You don't think BC has the clout to have the sig measured in soundvision whenever he wants? I wonder why we haven't seen any REAL performance data on this unit yet?

>>>Oh and by the way at least I dont have to explain what the huge barrel is doing in the corner.All the four cubes combined would fit in ONE of your HUGE cylinders with room to speare!<<<

So you only have the pay a 400% premium to save what...a fraction of a sq-ft of floor space....what a deal?

TV

No offense Ear, But I have a older Carver sda/490t

tube output player.

I gave a shot at tweaking this thing, made some

improvements but bottom line was, this thing was

so full of cheap parts the matter of tweaking it

came down to pretty much a major rebuild to make

any improvments in sound.

You think Bob would have a step-up transformer after

the DAC into the tube cicuit.

(You couldn't do this anyway because current/voltage of the Technics MASH DAC used.)

But no, hey parks the tube circuit after 9 cheap

Japanese Radio Corporation Op amps that are behind

the DAC.

So what ever nasties the cheap LPF circuit passes

goes right through the $12.00 tubes.

This thing is Sh*t design, but I will experiment more on it.(I like a challenge.)

Bob carver has made some cool stuff nonetheless,

That tube amp of his, comes to mind, and others,

his subs too.

But you gotta give up on that Carver sunfire bragging.

Sell all your Carver subs and whatever else you

have and get a pair of SVS SS's power them with

the proper amp, and then you can get over Carver.

HAR,HAR,HAR,HAR!

I remember reading why he came up with the Sunfire,

WAF, she didn't like large subs, Right! Like they

live in a one bedroom apartment or something.

Doesn't Bob have a dedicated listening room?

Bob Carver is just like Bill Gates, Good at marketing.

THANX!

Yeah yeah TV I know the HGS12 outperforms the Mark II.It costs mauch more now and it should compete with the Sunfire Signature(about the same size and price).

400% premium?! Not really,only if OUTPUT is concerned.

If output is taken into account SVS and HSU cannot be beat.WHY? Easy,how can ANYONE compete against a company who uses very inexpensive tubes(a sort of compressed very solid cardboard,rigid and very strong)and slaps drivers in.

The rest of the parts cost cents,grills,ports,end caps and some strong black cloth(call it stylish)to cover the tube.

Yes money goes where it should towards OUTPUT and DEEP BASS.And most of the money can be put on the driver.I can see all your subs have very good drivers to superb drivers(SS and Ultra).Plus your subs dont need any output(err power amp)robbing EQ to dig low.

Just release those SVS SS please,I must have the real deal finish.Cant stand the cloth covered subs.Even the Ultra should be made using the SS finish(at a premium).

Mike,

I was NEVER impressed by Carver CD players and preamps,I agree with you.Its Mickey Mouse gear.

I have like the Carver amps(Lightstar,Sunfire and TFM-75)and the SUnfire Subs(its a nice gadget that works damn well,I KNOW IT WILL NOT defeat any large sub,duh I have three larger subs and I can hear this).

So Bob Carver is a great amp designer and knows how to design a very comples(due to amp)ultra compact sub that WORKS(unlike many competitors,even Velodyne had serious problems with the HGS10 and 12 amps doing a R.I.P. )

TheEAR(s) Now theears

If you agree with that, then Carver CDP's must

not be that great.

I still want to replace the op-amps with

high quality ones,(BB 2134?)and use better caps and resistors in the LPF circuit, maybe upgrade the tube

power supply cicuit with better parts, and possibly

better grade valves.

One thing about this player, I've tore into it five

times to do various tweaks, and it always fires back

up, very reliable.

But I'm ready to tweak a Samsung 709 DVD player

now, ala Bobwire.

This player sounds better out of the box than my

tweaked Carver and with mods makes a excellent CD audio player.

Movies too.

I'm on a budget, so these are the paths I have to

take, though I like the tweak hobby too.

THANX!cwm13.gif