New Jubilee owner

Coytee

My La Scala's are not backed all the way into the corner so I would think these will not protrude as much into the room if backed into the corner. I'll want a little wiggle room so that I can angle them at the sweet spot.

I will need width, but also depth, because the front of the speaker will be further along the back wall than the rear of the speaker. Don't forget, this has to clear a wall unit that is 18" deep. It may be fine along the backwall, but the front of the speaker may not clear the wall unit. So what I need to know is how much wall space along the back wall is needed also taking into account the front of the speaker (right corner) so it clears the wall unit.

Mike

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something to bear in mind... the top end of these things are a lot more forgiving than Khorns/LaScalas. The sweet spot when I had my Khorns resided right in the middle of the room where a table sits (and wife was NOT going to let me move it). With the (in my case) K402, I can sit just about anywhere in the room and hear everything. the biggest reason I don't have mine shoved all the way into a corner is the silly power cord issue. Roy said you could pull them out something like 10" from the side walls and either not lose "anything" or "anything significiant" (I forget which).

Big point I'm trying to muddle through is with my Khorns & LaScalas, the HF is more like a laser and with the K-402 it's more like a floodlight covering the entire room. You might not "have" to angle them. Cool thing is, you can if you want (unlike Khorns) and not lose anything in the bass department.

Good to know... appreciate that.

OK... look forward to the measurements when you have them. If these look like they might fit I'm sure we will be talking alot more about them.

Mike

I've got a sawzall, right angle drills, compressor, nailguns, levels, T-squares, circular saws and of course, bottles of glue. We can MAKE them fit for you!!

[6]

Ok Mike... I got some pictures that I think will help.

The short answer is, if you have them snug into the corner, the Jubilees will own the first 36" from the corner. The pictures will show you that they really take up less than 36" and i want you to take note that my baseboard kept me from pushing it back even more (probably an inch after baseboard and shoe molding)

here is a pic of the LEFT side of the left speaker against the left wall so you can see the gap that was there before I took another shot. Clearly if the floor allowed, the speaker COULD snug in tighter.

post-15072-13819325938978_thumb.jpg

And when the tape came out the front side, I took another picture shooting straight down.

So, for fast 'easy' numbers, you need 3' on each wall and 3' from corner straight into room (I like to round up)

post-15072-13819325941598_thumb.jpg

So what I need to know is how much wall space along the back wall is needed also taking into account the front of the speaker (right corner) so it clears the wall unit.

Don't know if this will answer or not. I took the last shot with tape against the window, which is NOT in the same plane as the wall. The window is actually a bit further away than the wall. My hope is this will be close enough to answer your questions.

post-15072-13819325942958_thumb.jpg

Since you have the camera out, it there any way to get a good shot of the top behind the horn. I'm looking for a good spot for the network.

lol any more requests? (I've got a dynamite pair of legs...[bs])

Dean, I thought this might help just as well as anything since you can see the dustlines?

post-15072-13819325943518_thumb.jpg

Dean, I don't know if this one will help either... you MIGHT be able to put them on top of the K402 tray itself (under horn, above platform)

I don't have a good picture of that but here's this shot.

It would be a real bummer if you got everything put together only to find out the passives had no where to sit and you had to then fork out for actives!! not much of a used market for these passives huh??

post-15072-13819325944268_thumb.jpg

here's a side shot... maybe it'll fit between there?

Caution: When you get yours, you will notice some bolts with them. These bolts screw into the TOP of the Jub bassbin and go through the slots you see on the 402 tray. That is so you can aim it and lock it down. I don't have my screws in but if YOU use them, then they will be little bumps on this otherwise flat piece of wood.

Just a 'heads up'

post-15072-13819325944854_thumb.jpg

Dean,

What I am doing is taking the horn off the plate and mounting the brackets directly to the bass bins. The only thing you would loose is being able to rotate the horn to aim but you would still have the vertical adjustment. That will give you more flat surface and reduce overall height by 3/4" and I think it will also look better. Hear that poo poo?

Rigma

Dean, that bracket is 8 1/4" wide (that's a fairly hard dimension, so I'd use 8")

So, if you kept your outer dimensions 8 1/4 wide by 16" by about 7" (approx height 16" in from end where it will hit horn) you can make it work?