Klipsch THX ULTRA2 owner ???????

P.HUNT

Your going to love it..

Go to THX.com Dolby.com dts.com

Basically in a 5.1 setup 3 across the front..

Your sides will be a little trial and error.. Mine are about 20* behind me.. I am also 7.1 in my system too.

I would wire for 7.1 even if your not there yet..

My 2 cents..

IT WILL ROCK!

here you go. i drew the room up. i used the dimensions from klipsch... of course...and i input all the dimensions from thx.com

this is where you want your speaker placement according to thx.com. don't forget after you get all this stuff placed in there and hooked up, you will need some kind of acoustic treatment. thats a whole other ball of wax. i for one have no idea how to do it right, so i just might hire someone.

if this is how you actually want to set up your room i will give you the dimensions for the speaker placement, like from what distance they are on the wall...stuff like that. also i guessed about the tv. i am assuming you meant 92" ACROSS it matters to thx. i would need the ACROSS dimension.

thx room.pdf

Your going to love it..

Go to THX.com Dolby.com dts.com

Basically in a 5.1 setup 3 across the front..

Your sides will be a little trial and error.. Mine are about 20* behind me.. I am also 7.1 in my system too.

I would wire for 7.1 even if your not there yet..

My 2 cents..

IT WILL ROCK!

Indy-I sent you a PM.

alright, i will adjust the drawing when i get home. just remember the dimentions will never be exact because the construction of the wall isn't perfect. this way with the drawing it gives you some kind "look" how to set it up (at least the way thx states). let me know if there is any additions you will need. i can draw in the chairs if you use the belkon ones. i have the dimentions for those.

i am assuming you meant 92" ACROSS it matters to thx. ...

Nope...

Tom and George have no interest in the size of your...TV.

You put the speakers in front. LR spaced and the center in the, ah, center.

You then adjust the delay so that their arrival times are coincident.

hey mas, i would think you would have avoided this post like the plague! you know i meant that thx.com says the tv SHOULD be the dimension of your tv across x .73 is where you should sit. PHUNT knows that once he sets everything up he has to do the tunning with the processor and then the acoustic treatment.

i would have drew him up the dolby digital config, but since he spent the money on the thx speakers, you might as well follow it all the way through. i am also assuming he will go out and buy all monster cables.

I don't mean to give you a hard time...oh what the heck...sure I do!![:P][;)]

Just because some of your equipment has a THX logo does not mean that putting them into a room makes it a THX certified room!

I wish you would forget that you ever heard of THX! Besides it was a standard developed before we even had 5.1 and 7.1!

If you could actually do what you think you are doing, it would be fine, but you have bought into a logo without the rest of 'the system'!

ANY size TV set is fine! (BTW, they didn't even have the size sets you 'quote' as being necessary when the THX logo was created!) The speaker orientation is simple and universal, and the rest is room tuning of acoustics and aesthetics.

This should be fun! Don't let it get the best of you!

Although the pdf is a good reference, most other acoustic specialty sites recommend that the front three speakers be placed further from the front walls. As far as 1/3 into the room, if possible. This is a little unrealistic for most of us but up against the wall is not good either. Play with the distance in your own space until the boominess goes away. It also does not show distance from the floor and this can be the tricky part, depending on the height of the ceiling and what kind of display you will be using. Ideally, all front horns should be at ear level while sitting in the primary seating position(center channel is what gives most people fits). You can get away with them being much higher for rear surrounds, and to me, when I tested, higher is better unless you have a room that is 20 foot wide or more.

You have come to the right place if you want ideas for a home theater. Just browse the Klipsch gallery and I am sure you will find ideas to incorporate into the room. If you have a dedicated room, the sky is the limit and we have forum members here that can prove it.

Good Luck and enjoy the trip. It is as rewarding as the destination.

P.S. Please do not stick these speakers in the walls or in an enclosure. It just would not do these fine speakers justice. Acoustics are important once you get to this level of speaker so do not let asthetics blind you to the facts about sound. Plenty of material if you are willing to do the research. You can have form and function if you plan accordingly.

Ok guys this is all about fun for me !!

This setup is just tempory till I recoupe form the cost of the speakers. I plan on doing a 106" SMX at screen and mounting the speakers behind it. SMX is going to have frames for sale in a few weeks also.

I plan on doing 2 rows of seating it will be 4 berkline 088's near the back wall for the kid and his friends then two 090's for me and the wife in the front row. I will have buttkickers installed in the 090's and in the riser for the 088's

I am also building some sound absorbing pannels from 2'x4' sheets of owens cornong 703 and a few corner bass traps

hey man,

don't worry you won't be able to give me a hard time with this one. i am not the one who bought the "evil" thx speakers. i am just offering a "drawing" of approximate dimensions. the use of the drawing is just a guide of how the speakers should be facing and the approximate location in the room. westcott is very right, once you get the speakers in the general location, you will have to play with them and more importantly after you get the room set up the acoustic treatment is next.

And your dealer isn't installing/calibrating them for you because...???

That system needs proper calibration and setup. Laser alignment to the seats is very important, and the sub to main transition is ultra critical for them to work their best and not fall flat on music. At that kind of price, I'd insist they be set up by the dealer...who SHOULD have a full calibration suite available if they are wanting to sell a system of that calibre.

By the way, Tell Rubin at SMX Kevin at The Sound Broker sez hi. GREAT screen. I use a 165" 2.35 SMX in my theater. Hint...guess what speaker package Rubin uses (though we used a Danley Labs DTS-20 sub instead of the KW-120's).

If you buy a Radio Shack SPL non digital meter.. what 40- 50 dollars... and buy a test disc from avia... what 20- 30 dollars?? Or your test tones if you feel comfortable with those in your pre amp..... You can get very very nice results at home.

That said, a guy with certification, 10k dollars worth of test equipment, a good 2-6 hours to test re test everything will be able to squeeze out that last nth degree for you too.. What that is, differs in any one persons HT room.

Part of the hobby is doing it and understanding what your doing too as you learn things. If you do not feel at all wanting to do it, by all means set a appointment up with someone who can.

Either way, the results I can guarantee will be better than your ears going through a guessing game of, "OK, that sounds about even.." (Trust me it is not!)