WTB: Cornwall vs. 60th Anniv. Khorns Part II

• Moderators

I have sold my Khorns to Shinerman, and am looking to replace them with cornwalls. A couple of people suggested 60th Anniv. Khorns becasue they have sealed backs and so they might work in my application. Several people have asked why I am looking to go from Khorns to CW's, and Trey asked me to send him a diagram of my room to see if there is any possibilty of being able to use 60th Khorns. Sooooooooooooooooooo, rather then try and post a diagram or describe it in words, I took so photos and measurements so Trey can see what it is I am talking about.

The room is, essentially, 20 by 14. The projection screen is on the short wall. There is an entry area into the room that is roughly 7' wide and goes in 6' before the actual 20 by 14 area starts.

This first photo shows the entry area, projection screen and the current right HT speaker.

post-15134-13819326571654_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

TREY: The measurements going from left to right are:

From left wall to edge of the screen is 30"

Screen is 99" wide, including border

From the right screen edge to the right entryway door is 89"

The media credenza is 77" wide

From the left wall to the edge of the credenza is 36" (A LS will thus fit in this space but would be limited on how much it could be toed in, from what little I know about Jubs, they would way too wide, 40+ inches, to fit)

post-15134-13819326578098_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

If you go with Cornwalls will it be CW 3s or 1 or 2s would do also?

Hey James,

It looks like they will be 2's, if I fell in love with them then I would look to getting 3's and moving 2's to the rear.

Another photo of the left corner (which is currently the left channel for HT and right channel for 2 channel)

post-15134-13819326581138_thumb.jpg

Very nice Travis................The Sex Pistols...EH!!! 60th Anniv. are beautiful, no doubt, but from what I see with your room, Cornwalls might be a better fit, you know what's best for you, whatever your decide.................ENJOY, you have some nice equipment there..............

" The door on the left goes into a lanudry room rendering it impossible to use that corner."

Have you considered moving the door (4 - 6 ft) ?  Seal off the existing opening?  

• Moderators

I'm puzzled as to why there's no door to the laundry room from the hall area (or whatever's on the other side) and why it was designed so one must go through this bedroom/den/whatever to get there. But why not have the whole shebang on the long wall?

If I do it on the long wall the only suitable listening area is going to be right up against the opposite wall, which limits max capacity to 3 or 4 at best. In addition, I don't believe it is a long enough throw to fill up of screen.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis, that is one confounding room, K-hornwise! Isn't 20' spacing close to center-channel territory?

Beautiful equipment credenza, and I like the 2-channel/tt equipment's understated location.

No, 20' presents a wonderful center image, with great soundstage. The center image is wide, very clear, I could not even imagine butressing that with a center channel.

Regarding the crendenza, thank you for the comments. I was very pleased with the work this company did, Diamond Case, out of California.

Travis