New setup pics

leerocker

Hi folks. Recently moved into a new apartment because our old one was just too small for me, my fiancé and our little dog. Anyways long story short, i am finally able to set up the HT how it should be! Well, it's still not perfect but it's a lot better than it has been. I wanted to post a pic to do a little showing off [:D] and to get suggestions for subs with Chorus 1 mains. Probably could just read some old posts but if anyone has any new opinions on the topic i welcome them.

I am currently running 3 chorus up front and a pair of Klf-10s for rears. The sub is only an 8" def tech and i know that is probably next on the upgrade list.

Any feedback on the sub or in general is appreciated! Thanks, as always

post-16777-13819329482562_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on the new place. More room is always appreciated.

I have to admit, the picture is rather dark. I would suggest closing the blind entirely, turn on all the lights in the room, and turn off the flash.

It sounds like you are off to a great start.

Klipsch subwoofers are some of the most underrated subwoofers on the market except for those who own them. Buy as much subwoofer as you can afford. The only subwoofers that I have found that come close to the RSW line is the Martin Logan Descent and Depth, Velodyne DD**, and HSG's for clean, flat frequency response. I have not heard the new Klipsch subwoofers yet.

Good Luck and send us another picture. We would love to see more detail.

That is a very nice size listening room compared to our old 1950's house. I'd like to hear a system in a room with hardwood floors sometime. If it was in the budget one of those fancy new electronic type subs from Klipsch would be killer. They look very elegant with the wood on the sides and top, something the GF may approve of too which would be a bonus. Ask down in the subwoofer Forum about them or any sub for that matter, someone can surely explain the details better than me.

Another well lit room picture would be cool to.

Well my fiancé's grandparents own the place, so we are getting a good deal, especially considering that right out that big window is the beach! I think market price for this place is about $1500/mo.

The size of the living room is basically the only reason i agreed to move, so i could have more room for my HT [:D]