Anyone else order one of the new stereo amps from Craig @ NOS ?

wpines

Hey Allan,

That LP12 new? Been reading your posts for 6 years and it is the first time I have heard (read) you mention it.

How does it compare to your beloved Thorens?

I just picked up this LP12 a couple of weeks ago--at $1100 locally (no ebay, no Audiogon), I just couldn't pass it up. I had an LP12 through most of the 80's and also have a Linn Axis that I bought new in about 1990 that I used in a second system for a few years. I am selling the Axis.

Damn but aren't I on the ball!! Gotta admit I picked that one up in an instant.

Congrats on the new table - be interesting to how it actually compares with the Axis you used to have (and are now selling).

OH - er - apologies Craig for the hijack - new amps look great.

When is the 5 channel version coming out?

Hey Allan,

That LP12 new? Been reading your posts for 6 years and it is the first time I have heard (read) you mention it.

How does it compare to your beloved Thorens?

I just picked up this LP12 a couple of weeks ago--at $1100 locally (no ebay, no Audiogon), I just couldn't pass it up. I had an LP12 through most of the 80's and also have a Linn Axis that I bought new in about 1990 that I used in a second system for a few years. I am selling the Axis.

When is the 5 channel version coming out?

It's already available you purchase two VRD-45-ST stereo amps and one VRD mono block setup to run at the same operating points as the stereo amp. Could you imagine the size of a 5 channel all tube power amplifier on one chassis of this power range? It would have to be shipped freight on a pallet weighing about 250 pounds.

Craig

Craig, You should have email???? I replied previously and did again just now. Cherry it is. Can you do black hammertone paint on the plate? The stainless is pretty but it's a pain in the a*s to clean, it wants to streak. I'm glad some other forum members will be able to post their experiences with the new product.

I received the email and replied. Let me know when you have time to chat on the phone and I'll give you a call to work out these details for sure.

Craig, You should have email???? I replied previously and did again just now. Cherry it is. Can you do black hammertone paint on the plate? The stainless is pretty but it's a pain in the a*s to clean, it wants to streak. I'm glad some other forum members will be able to post their experiences with the new product.

I am somewhere on the list and I will take it anyway it looks.

I tried order white pine with wicker color aluminum siding top plate ( at a discount) to match my house trim; but Craig told me I was nutz. Come to think of it, he tells me that once a month or so about some goofy idea I have.