Klipsch Synergy F2 - F3, Junk or bargain Klipsch sound??

emperor ming

I have just been reading the 6 moons review for the Trends TA10, which i own myself, and although I beleive that the extra paying out for the Reference series will pay dividends, the reviewer makes a great case for, getting a very good sounding speaker for a cost effective price (cheap).

For myself on invalidity benefit, it would make sense, as I could afford these. but should i realistically hold out??

Any comments would be grateful[:P]

Im actually in England[:(], boy, what would i give to have a dealer that even sold Klipsch in this country. The only place we can get Klipsch is on amazon.co.uk, and the biggest ones we can get are thew RB-81's,.

I will have to buy from Germany to buy these speakers.

I think ive said before, that the British....*snobs, dont like an in your face, upfront types of speakers, they like refined, sweet mannered neutrality. I say balls, i want drama and excitement, i want a large soundstage, and upfront dynamics and scale. im so surprised that dealers here in the UK, arent seeing that there is a massive influx of tubes and low powered t amps on the market now, and that high efficiency speakers, are something, we literally dont have. unless its a kit horn of the Fostex type, or a DIY job.

Funny that in europe, you have to pay double the price to get the Reference 82, over the Synergy F3.

I appreciate your comments guys, some have said that these Synergys are rubbish, junk, useless, i think thats going a bit far. but some have said they are a seriously good speaker.

I can't say for the F2/3's, but I have SF1's, and love them. I'm more than happy with my synergy setup. I too am in England, and am not willing to pay the pound amount for any audio gear. (I'm American, stationed here) As much as I love my synergy's, I do plan on upgrading to the Reference line some time after we return to the U.S. I say that you go ahead and get those speakers. You won't regret you did.

thanks for your info guys!

Now what has happened, is i have been doing my homework and got a good deal for some RB-81,s for £315, from a dealer in Germany (inc postage). Its only because a freind recommended that I buy a Subwoofer from a maker in england called BK electronics, and theyre subwoofers are seriously good, and very mdestly priced. This way i get 97db, and a speaker that wont kill my small listening room,(12ft X 8ft) coupled with a great sounding sub for an extra £200. Its called the Gemeni

I think the extra outlay will pay dividends, even though you get a lot for your money, for the Synergy.

But beings i make music, as well as listen, I will buy from the Synergy line at a later time, when funds are available, and use them for monitoring.

Im getting rather excited now, and cant wait to get them[:D]

Klipsch has said that the Synergy F-3s are an upgraded Reference RF-3 so...that would make them very nice and much more affordable according to your situation...my buddy has them for 2 channel and for Home theater...they sound very nice...check with Werner in Germany...he is a member here on the Forum...

Bill

Well, i have now bought the RB-81,s, so im going to go with them. plus a subwoofer. But, I may have said somewhere else, i will buy the SF3,s for monitoring in my little, (very tiny now), studio. they seem excellent value. Its just ive heard so much about the Reference series having the edge, in midrange and detail.

Either way, i cant wait till Tuesday week, cause they should be here[:P]. And I think, i may have maybe found..."my speaker". you know. when youve been searching for the right sound, and nothing ever seems to hit the mark. All the attributes many people have told me about Klipsch speakers, make me feel these are the ones.

Sad bastard eh?.

I also read about Paul Klipsch, and i kind of liked the quirky eccentricitys of the guy. I dont want a box that does what every other one does. Its nice to have a genial oddity to take you to leftfield audio heaven. i was on the path to getting some extremely rare (in the UK), Decware Radial 3.0 speakers, these are seriously good sounding speakers, and unusual design. But i screwed up on ebay, and got outbid by £1. that should never of happened. But hey for all good reasons. Im getting something also very unique. most people think of cornwells, and Heresys, when they think of Klipsch here in England.(thats of they ever know). And hardly any know of the synergy, or reference line, ar any line. So, i really look forward to getting my freinds round to see these when they are set up.

More so with my Rega Planar 3 as much as the CD player. I Just got a Cambridge Audio 640P phono preamp, sounds sweet.

Hi Tommyboy, in the end i think i said above i bought some RB-81, from the reference range, from a german dealer and im gonna use that with a sub[:D].

But, the guy who i was going to get the SF3's from was an ebay dealer who posts to the UK. Manuels hifishop. He is friendly and helpful ive found. I did have to tell they poor guy, after saying i was gonna buy his SF3's that i was buying something else. But, i did say that ina few months i will need monitors for my studio, and i like big speaker for this, so i will get a pair then