Upgrading from Synergy to reference...

Sick Mother

Hey!! I LOVE my RB-75's and I think they were and continue to be one of the biggest sleepers of the reference line of all time! [:^)][:D] [:P] But I would never say they are RF-7's or RF-83's, though with a really good sub, we could talk indeed.......sorry, I have to take pride in my apparently insanely rare (at least these days) choice from the reference set up.........

Hey!! I LOVE my RB-75's and I think they were and continue to be one of the biggest sleepers of the reference line of all time! [:^)][:D] [:P]

The 75's are only sleepers to those that haven't heard/listened to em',a really good speaker.

I've seen some good suggestions.I'd add....I would move only up from what you have,the low reference line is not a move up(sideways?) from your current set,imo.The mid and upper reference floor standers are quite nice and are a move up.I also would suggest the last reference line as a good listen.So...keep what you have until you're ready to move up a full notch.

Falcon,

I was just kidding. Believe me, after seeing what goes on in the two channel forum, I REFUSE to get into arguments with any forum member over speakers. Also, you are 100% correct: generally as you get more expensive, you just get better in quality with the Klipsch line. It is all a matter of taste, budget and approval from the ministers of finances (wife) that really determine our individual choices, but all in all Klipsch rocks no matter what you own....

Hey!! I LOVE my RB-75's and I think they were and continue to be one of the biggest sleepers of the reference line of all time! [:^)][:D] [:P] But I would never say they are RF-7's or RF-83's, though with a really good sub, we could talk indeed.......sorry, I have to take pride in my apparently insanely rare (at least these days) choice from the reference set up.........

Heck ya Catharsis, preach it to brother!

To this day I cannot imagine the sound those thing produce, they are unrelenting. Though a bit on the bright end for my tastes, they rip apart every CD/movie I have thrown at it. My friends still cannot get over a pair of bookshelf's, or to them "half towers" producing sounds expected from a full tower minus bass of course.

I'm thankful I was able to grab mine with a stellar deal! [Y]

I see a couple of you guys recommended a bush stand for the RC-64. My only "problem" is my TV is too big for that stand. Any other suggestions? It seems nearly impossible finding a stand that looks great, holds a bunch of gear, and is large enough for what I need. My current stand is roughly 58 inches wide.

Its looking more and more like my next upgrade will in fact be the RF-83/RC-64 combo. I am certain they will sound phenominal, but can't help being a little leary it COULD be a bit much in my townhouse. My current synergy setup was SPL'ed to the room. Will these also have to be, or can those same settings carry over to new speakers? (Excuse me if this is a silly question, but I am certainly a novice at this compared to the gurus on this forum),

Thanks again guys. You've all really been of tremendous help thus far.

John

Hey John,

Here is the link to the line that I gave you before, http://www.bushfurniture.com/bushindustries/thumbsbymodel/searchbymodel.jsp?id=&id2=SEG&id3=&id4=Segments%20Collection. They have one that is indeed 58" wide for bigger TV's, also the audio tower is a nice touch. I have the combination of the 536A-03 and 540A-03, they look great with the cherry 83's

James

Its looking more and more like my next upgrade will in fact be the RF-83/RC-64 combo. I am certain they will sound phenominal, but can't help being a little leary it COULD be a bit much in my townhouse. My current synergy setup was SPL'ed to the room. Will these also have to be, or can those same settings carry over to new speakers? (Excuse me if this is a silly question, but I am certainly a novice at this compared to the gurus on this forum),

Just from my knowledge of the perversity of the universe, everything will have to be dialed in again, the settings you have currently are for the speakers you have currently. New speakers, new settings. You can rent SPL meters, or buy a Rat Shack meter for not too much, or buy a used one.

As for being too much, NEVER! You can just be the music host for the block party.

James, thanks again for that stand link. I called Bush and maybe we were doing something wrong, because it looks as if EVERY stand they make is either not large enough or able to accomodate 61 pounds in the top shelf. Ideally, I would like to put it on the shelf directly beneath the TV, with components on the bottom one. Do you (anyone here, really) use a bush stand that is holding a RC-64? Or any other stand for that matter. It seems these companys are making stands hopelessly inadequate for the monster that is the RC-64.

John

Hey El,

I try to preach the good word LOL. Hey, how do you like your RF-7's? I think I will be getting a pair shortly. Do you find them brighter than the RB-75's? My system is very close to being complete......RB-75's for surrounds and rears and the RF-7 and RC-7 up front. Heaven simply does not get better....[8-|][<:o)]

Catharsis,

I'm not trying to argue either, for that matter I'm not even a expert in the matter. I just thought that I needed to clarify something which could have been misunderstood by some one new to the forum. I agree with you, it is a matter of taste, while price is usally a indication of the performance of the speakers, it does not mean you are going to like it better.

I was at a forum member's house few days ago (inventor and I spent 5 hours at Eq's house), listenning to much older and cheaper speakers that my  RF 83 's, and I was amazed how good they sounded, just as good as mine if not better.

I keept my RF3's  because I do like there sound a lot, in some case as much as the rf 83's.

Bottom line is get what sounds the best to you

Hey El,

I try to preach the good word LOL. Hey, how do you like your RF-7's? I think I will be getting a pair shortly. Do you find them brighter than the RB-75's? My system is very close to being complete......RB-75's for surrounds and rears and the RF-7 and RC-7 up front. Heaven simply does not get better....[8-|][<:o)]

This is going to sound really really odd. I never had any real fatigue from the RF or the RC 7's, though there is a slight shrill that I can pick up. The RB's can be pretty fatiguing. I cant figure it out, since all the speaks share the same horn.... Eh. Maybe the RB's need a tuneup.. so any one interested, I am now collecting for my DeanG mod Fund. Donations are more than welcome!

Interesting.....especially given A). I hear that same fatigue (or should I say brightness) from my RC-7 but NOT my RB-75's and B). Trey Cannon confirmed a while back that the tweeter in the RB-75's was attenuated to accomodate the single 8" woofer versus the RC-7 and RF-7 using two low frequency transducers. The lesson? Everyone has different ears!!

Thanks El for your observations..........................