Question for RSW 12 owners

jbsl

About 3 years ago I bought a new RSW 12 and when I powered it on or off the sub would fire off a very soft thump. I called the dealer and was told it was normal. The sub worked great so I forgot about it.

Well I just sold the sub and the new owner asked about the power on/off thump sound and now I wonder if all RSW 12s does this.

So anyone who owns a RSW 12 does yours have the soft thump when powering on and off.

Thanks!

If it's any help, my RSW15 does this when powered on from being completely off. But I leave it on all the time, so it's never been any sort of issue. If set to Auto-On it doesn't do this each time it comes on, either; only when powered on from being completely off, with the power switch.

I leave my three RSW subs on all the time,well AUTO ON.They wake up softly,not what I call a thump,audible pop is better to describe what I hear.

OT

When the Fathom f113 RCA inputs stopped working and I had to switch to balanced it made a freaking thump like something exploded in room! [8-)] Heh I run my HGS,Aerial and JL's fed by a balanced interconnects.

I'm the new owner of JBSL's RSW12 sub.

I could not have described the noise better then ear did. My first sub was B.I.C. America, nothing fancy but did a good job, that sub started to do the same thing after 2 years and still does with no other issues. My SW 15 did the same even turning the light on made it pop but since I had it fix it is gone.
Also the SW 15 had a hum and  after changing two capacitors the pop went away so was the humming, or at least briefly.
The humming is back but you can hardly hear it.
I did not think Klipsch would build a sub and let something like that get by but I guess they did.
I think I'm going to set up my system this way, I'll use RSW 12 for punch (volume higher) , SW 15 for deeper bass (X-over set lower) or may be the other way around.
I might keep the BIC in the system and I should very soon  be adding a HSU Resaearch TN 1220 HO
Does any one knows anything about that sub?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated, TheEar any ideas?
I really hope I did not pick up the same Virus that you did 

Falcon,

The TN1220HO is a classic HSU tube sub,I hope you getting one at a good price as you could get a VTF3HO for under 1K and best the 1220HO. In any case the 1220HO is a good sub,as its model name is after 20Hz tuning,12 stands for driver diameter in inches.

Well, actually I could get both or i think.

Is the VTF 3 Mark II the same then the VTF 3 HO?
Never mind I just check it out on the web side and they are not the same.
Now in a order which one would you suggest first then second, etc.. betwwen the 2 VTF , the rsw 12 and thr SW 15?

I have the RSW-12 sub and have never heard a thump no matter what I turn on/off and what order. It is set for max volume at 80 hz cutoff. I turn it on/off with a master switch plug assembly which also turns on two solid state receivers, equalizer, expander/compander, and an amplified fm antenna. Feeding the receivers through 50 ft cabling are LCD tv, CD player, Two DVD players, component switcher which all turn on with a master switch and I never get any thumps no matter which master switch is turned on or off and no matter what is selected on the receiver. I was impressed by that fact since tube stuff always thumped.

JJK

Alright I finally had the time to play with the RSW-12 and my RF 83's for that matter.

Nice sub took everything I threw at it, and some.
I ran it with my SW 15 and I can say it keept up. There is only one problem with it, .... it is not a rsw 15 :[, a little more power would have been nice.
I guess I know what is the next sub I'm getting
I' ll keep the SW 15 in the system for those crazy days when I feel like poping the windows out of the frames for everything else the RSW 12 will do just fine, it does complement the RF 83's very nicely.
I did enjoy watching those woofers move in and out, even on the RF 83's weeeeeee.................. Going to need a earing check after this.
Overall I'm very pleased with it, thanks James

• 2 weeks later...