bought rf-7's

masterxela

On the way home, after listening to jon and I discuss speaker/klipsch/forum stuff for a pretty brief period, she says, "Alex, you better not be an old guy sitting on that forum talking about your speakers." No reply....

That's damn funny.

• 2 weeks later...

arky,

which speakers are you trading in and why?

I sold my rf-7's to masterxela. It was sort of a pay it forward thing, common to this forum. Joshnich gave me a Marantz 2245 a couple of months ago, which is at the tech getting checked out. I gave Alex a really good deal as these had Dean's excellent crossover upgrades in them. I usually just keep my audio equipment but figured what the heck on this one.

As much as I loved the 7's, I had moved them out of the main system in favor of heritage. I have cornwalls & cornscalas ( lascala mids with cornwall bass). You can search that if interested. I will probably add lascalas or save up for Jubilees. I'm in my 40's now & find my ears prefer the crisp detailed mids heritage bring over the more in your face of reference.

It is a dorm room :) Gotta love the looks from first time guests, followed by the expressions when I turn them on, and the same question every time, (why? and where do you get all this money?) or the front desk receptionist when I hauled them in, the classic head shake.

First day I had them hooked up, I downloaded a music alarm clock on my computer than allows you to play any song to wake up to. Room mate almost fell off the top bunk, Megadeth, Devils Island, at 100db, 9:30 am. Can't decide what to buy after arky's matching center- sub, or emotiva mps-1...

Have pictures of your 83's somewhere?

arky,

which speakers are you trading in and why?

I sold my rf-7's to masterxela. It was sort of a pay it forward thing, common to this forum. Joshnich gave me a Marantz 2245 a couple of months ago, which is at the tech getting checked out. I gave Alex a really good deal as these had Dean's excellent crossover upgrades in them. I usually just keep my audio equipment but figured what the heck on this one.

As much as I loved the 7's, I had moved them out of the main system in favor of heritage. I have cornwalls & cornscalas ( lascala mids with cornwall bass). You can search that if interested. I will probably add lascalas or save up for Jubilees. I'm in my 40's now & find my ears prefer the crisp detailed mids heritage bring over the more in your face of reference.

Congrats on the RF-7s purchase, Master - you will enjoy them for many years to come.

Arky, your impressions about modded 7's vs. heritage are spot on for mine - and yes, I'm also in my 40s now. As much as I loved my Dean modded 7s, I love living in the midrange now.

One more final upgrade from "Mr. Klappenberger" (oops - I said the name), and I'm done for awhile in Heritage land.

That is until five or ten years down the road, and then yes, even I will probably join the Jubilee train.

Carl.