Pinging Dean

rigma

Dean,

Or anyone who knows.

On a Hovland capacitor what is the correct way to connect the wires. I have some with green & red and others with clear & clear with blue stripe. Which goes to ground on the parallel connections and which is the input side on the series connections or does it even matter in the crossover. Logic says green to ground & I would think red or blue stripe is input, but I don't know. This is for Roy's passive.

rigma

Dean,

Another question. On the Solen Lintz coils what have you found is the best way to tin the wires. I have tried scraping the varnish off and also dipping in a very hot solder pot to burn it off (maybe it was not hot enough) and didn't really like the results of either.

rigma

Dean

Here is a pics of the rough layout of the passives. Do you see anthing I should do different? I tried to keep the coils as far away from each other as I could and to keep center lines the same and at right angles.

rigma

post-7441-13819329786238_thumb.jpg

Dean,

Another question. On the Solen Lintz coils what have you found is the best way to tin the wires. I have tried scraping the varnish off and also dipping in a very hot solder pot to burn it off (maybe it was not hot enough) and didn't really like the results of either.

rigma

I use sand paper!