Time to Sign up for the MD-DC-VA October 20 Klipsch/Strathmore Fest

LarryC

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry, you mean we sit OVER the stage? That would be a cool visual, but won't it sound weird up there? I mean those places are built for the sound to go the other way, aren't they? LOL [:o]

I'm sure it'll be fine. Just lead the way, I'll follow and try to learn as fast as I can.

Michael[8-|]

I can tell you now that after having attended a couple of such performances with Larry, the sound from those seats is just as fantastic as anywhere else, plus it is cool to get a good visual of both the orchestra and the conductor. Like Gary said, this is an orchestra, not a rock concert.

EDIT: Also, just to re-affirm - I am definitely still planning on attending this (barring any major catastrophes)!

Casual dress I presume........not a coat/tie affair is it?

People wear anything to concerts these days, so no one has to wear a coat and/or tie. I'll probably wear my PWK "Bullshit" tie, though.

Larry

P.S. Can I say "bullshit" on the forum?

I just wore a nice pair of slacks and a good collared, button-down shirt (basically the same thing that I wear to work). Nothing fancy, although you can certainly wear a coat and tie.

I Martin (I'd rather owe it to you than cheat you out of it) Thebes do hereby attest the following promissory note to in lieu of and in reference to the aforementioned $25 dollars which shall be taken from the party of the first part's left hand pocket and promptly deposited into the party of the first part's right hand pocket.

In other words the checks in the mail. Well maybe by this weekend I think.

I Martin (I'd rather owe it to you than cheat you out of it) Thebes do hereby attest the following promissory note to in lieu of and in reference to the aforementioned $25 dollars which shall be taken from the party of the first part's left hand pocket and promptly deposited into the party of the first part's right hand pocket.

In other words the checks in the mail. Well maybe by this weekend I think.

Thebes, why not take the scenic route to this explanation?

Note to self: Sit far, far away from Thebes.....Likes to stick hands in people's pockets![*-)][:P]

People wear anything to concerts these days, so no one has to wear a coat and/or tie. I'll probably wear my PWK "Bullshit" tie, though.

Larry

P.S. Can I say "bullshit" on the forum?

apparently so

At the Nutcracker, the conductor and I were the only ones in tuxedos. I look the bit of a crazed conductor myself in tux! LOL We got some looks with my hair, red tie, three middle-aged hotties in black dresses on my arms. Perhaps they thought I was some kinda ROCK STAR!

Larry,

Wish I could travel to be with you guys. This looks like a most enjoyable gathering. Have been looking over my calendar and don't think I can make it happen. I'll be looking forward to seeing what is posted about the weekend.

Larry/Gary,

I'm in for this for sure. Is a list of attendee's available? I think the Parrot may attend but have not received a definite on that yet. If he does we will share driving duties from his place in south eastern Ohio. If he does not end up going I will either have to rent an economy car or find a driving partner with a good gas mileage car to make the trip. I'll be more then happy to build up a stereo amplifier for this event setup for class A triode operation for folks to audition. I need one for my living room any way.

Where do I send the $25 for the concert tickets?

Craig

I'm in for this for sure. Is a list of attendee's available? I think the Parrot may attend but have not received a definite on that yet. If he does we will share driving duties from his place in south eastern Ohio. If he does not end up going I will either have to rent an economy car or find a driving partner with a good gas mileage car to make the trip. I'll be more then happy to build up a stereo amplifier for this event setup for class A triode operation for folks to audition. I need one for my living room any way.

Hallelulah!!!

You send the $ to me -- I'll PM you the address.

The updated list is as follows, including Parrot update (see below):

Definites:

Garymd

Thebes/Marty

Customsteve 01 and Caroline

Mike Lindsey

Skonopa/Steve

Dkalsi/Dhar and Sophia

Pete Almquist?

Klipsched with Yamahas

NOSValves/Craig

Parrot/Paul

Maybes:

Colonial Hoo/Chuck

Vman

Gilbert (see below)

DWIlawyer/Travis (and wife?)

One other couple I'm trying to reach

Larry/Gary,

Craig

I might be interested in sharing a drive from the Midwest.