Blueberry owners.........what tubes are you using?

shinerman

Since I've only had my blueberry for several months I'm still running the stock tubes that it arrived with. My question is ...........those of you that have had them for awhile, what tubes have you been using stock/or something different?

In many ways your both better off [;)] Finding good quiet NOS types can be a real PITA.

These tube offered the greatest improvment in sound for my BBX.

Telef. ECC801S in the 12AT7 sockets

Seimens CCa in the 6DJ8 socket

As for the 12AX7, I try several, including Telef. smooth plates, RCA 17mm black plates (vintage white print tubes), Mullards, Seimens and Valvo's all sound good to my ears. I even like the vintage TungSol 12AX7 tubes, but have found heard from several people that don't particulary like them.

In many ways your both better off [;)] Finding good quiet NOS types can be a real PITA.

...I'm here to tell ya...In the 6DJ8 I have a Bugle Boy that I love BUT...sounds like a tea kettle hissing and all...also a nice "pinch waist" that also is noisy...they make a difference but the stock tubes are plenty nice.

Bill

• Moderators

Since I've only had my blueberry for several months I'm still running the stock tubes that it arrived with. My question is ...........those of you that have had them for awhile, what tubes have you been using stock/or something different?

How are those Khorns sounding? Turned the subs into planters yet?

Travis