This is just rediculous (that is my sanitized reaction)

J.4knee

What is ridiculous about that? If you've seen the destruction that a dog with seperation anxiety can do, you might not think so. Unless you think a better solution is just to get rid of the dog?

I train working dogs so yeah I am familiar with the damage dogs can do. Turning them over to the dope the dog up group is asinine!!!!!!!! These situations are management and training issues. If the only way a person can control their dog is to dope it up they should not own the dog. The ultimate solution is to get a dog that fits your lifestyle, not just because the prospective owner likes the way they look. I have a dog that had horrendous separation anxiety issues. What ultimately worked for us was to leave for brief periods and build the dog up, and some patience on our parts to accept the problem would take some time to correct. She about nuked our yard but now youd never know she had as bad a problem as she had. All dogs have separation anxiety, they are pack animals, the severity of its manifestation is the only variable, actually the better the dog the harder this issue is to correct because their pack drive is at a very high level. What it takes is time, patience and observation to find what placates the dogs anxiety to keep the problem manageable so they can work through it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Moderators

What is ridiculous about that? If you've seen the destruction that a dog with seperation anxiety can do, you might not think so. Unless you think a better solution is just to get rid of the dog?

I train working dogs so yeah I am familiar with the damage dogs can do. Turning them over to the dope the dog up group is asinine!!!!!!!! These situations are management and training issues. If the only way a person can control their dog is to dope it up they should not own the dog. The ultimate solution is to get a dog that fits your lifestyle, not just because the prospective owner likes the way they look. I have a dog that had horrendous separation anxiety issues. What ultimately worked for us was to leave for brief periods and build the dog up, and some patience on our parts to accept the problem would take some time to correct. She about nuked our yard but now youd never know she had as bad a problem as she had. All dogs have separation anxiety, they are pack animals, the severity of its manifestation is the only variable, actually the better the dog the harder this issue is to correct because their pack drive is at a very high level. What it takes is time, patience and observation to find what placates the dogs anxiety to keep the problem manageable so they can work through it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Good answer, some of the same problems are the reason SOME kids are on it also !

Drugs is not always the correct answer , unless you own a drug company and are looking for more sales. Look at some of the side effects with just some of the drugs they advertise on TV, they can cause more problems than they fix.

What is ridiculous about that? If

you've seen the destruction that a dog with seperation anxiety can do,

you might not think so. Unless you think a better solution is

just to get rid of the dog?

I

train working dogs so yeah I am familiar with the damage dogs can

do. Turning them over to the dope the dog up group is

asinine!!!!!!!! These situations are management and training issues. If the only way a person can control their dog is to dope it up they should not own the dog. The ultimate solution is to get a dog that fits your lifestyle, not just because the prospective owner likes the way they look. I have a dog that had horrendous separation anxiety issues. What

ultimately worked for us was to leave for brief periods and build the

dog up, and some patience on our parts to accept the problem would take

some time to correct. She about nuked our

yard but now youd never know she had as bad a problem as she

had. All dogs have separation anxiety, they are pack animals, the

severity of its manifestation is the only variable, actually the better

the dog the harder this issue is to correct because their pack drive is

at a very high level. What it takes is time, patience and

observation to find what placates the dogs anxiety to keep the problem

manageable so they can work through it.

Good answer, some of the same problems are the reason SOME kids are on it also !

Drugs is not always the correct answer , unless you own a drug company and are looking for more sales. Look at some of the side effects with just some of the drugs they advertise on TV, they can cause more problems than they fix.

I

am less than a month away from taking possession / responsibiliy for my

4th Chesapeake Bay Retreiver in 20 years. I am an ametuer trainer at

best, but am already planning socialization and oher important first

training steps. At 4.5 weeks the new little fella apears to be he

number 1 or 2 dominant pup out of a litler of 10. CBRs are not easy to

train but awesome family members of character when raised correctly.He

will require allot of time to make sure he is clearly recognizing and

respecting his behavior limitations.

Too many kids on drugs we know too little about.

I train working dogs so yeah I am familiar with the damage dogs can do. Turning them over to the dope the dog up group is asinine!!!!!!!! These situations are management and training issues. If the only way a person can control their dog is to dope it up they should not own the dog. The ultimate solution is to get a dog that fits your lifestyle, not just because the prospective owner likes the way they look. I have a dog that had horrendous separation anxiety issues. What ultimately worked for us was to leave for brief periods and build the dog up, and some patience on our parts to accept the problem would take some time to correct. She about nuked our yard but now youd never know she had as bad a problem as she had. All dogs have separation anxiety, they are pack animals, the severity of its manifestation is the only variable, actually the better the dog the harder this issue is to correct because their pack drive is at a very high level. What it takes is time, patience and observation to find what placates the dogs anxiety to keep the problem manageable so they can work through it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

I am less than a month away from taking possession / responsibiliy for my 4th Chesapeake Bay Retreiver in 20 years. I am an ametuer trainer at best, but am already planning socialization and oher important first training steps. At 4.5 weeks the new little fella apears to be he number 1 or 2 dominant pup out of a litler of 10. CBRs are not easy to train but awesome family members of character when raised correctly.He will require allot of time to make sure he is clearly recognizing and respecting his behavior limitations.

Too many kids on drugs we know too little about.

We just got our third Belgian Malinois, the handlers at the SD Port Authority refer to these dogs as "Coyote's on crack". These are great dogs for my wife and I but they are a serious load ot handle, when in drive they are almost insatiable. But once you have them properly trained and you put them in motion you can rest assure they WILL accompolish the task that lies ahead of them.[;)]