did I miss any

Yes you did:

h. [insert applicable Jubilee top end or bottom end comment][:|][:D]

Carl.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of fluid, are you sure that we can't get you back into tubes? I adore your system, but its really good sounding over here lately - very detailed yet liquid.

Sure we can't get you to switch out just two or four of your 24,000 esotecs? [:o] Or c'mon, how about a JM pre? Never too late to go back......... [:D]

Carl.

Also been on forum with Dwilawer about an AMPEX MR70 recorder..Very rare about 75 or so made.....Talking about one in St Louis that went missing....The guy in Clayton supposedly was to recieve one the day he died...It went missing Ive tracked all leads....He was a collecter of odd things of course he was odd...Like collecting rocket engine parts.

Very nice. I'm assume you are trying it on the midrange horn?"

I'm starting an uncalled for rumor that he's actually been experimenting with stuffing it with underware. Noting the sonic differences between when he uses clean verses... . hmm... never mind [:#]

Coytee.....yes sans underware..... Carl ...Midrange is where most of the musics at....Fundamental vs harmonics ,,,It must be clean, transparent, no obstructions, no vails....Look at the Lansing site,,,The new JBL Everest II the new flagship of ultimate audio statement from that company.....No grills over the horns,,,The mid horn 476 Be is simular to my 2450,,my diaphrams are Ti. to change to Be diaphrams would cost $530. each....Flat out to 20K They do incorperate a super tweet to extend out to 40K for those who can swear they hear hummung birds sing. I havent seen any reports of Klipsch Jubilee,s reaching to 20k but im sure its pretty close....and without grill cloth....I,m sure Roy would stick a sock in any bodys mouth for suggesting such a modification...(im not speaking for him) Tubes or solid state,, if you got a clean signal it will be revealed. This is not an opinion, but a absolute fact.....For some cacamainey tweeko to come on this site and state he has made some monumental discovery in layering several grill cloths to improve the LaScala, Rankles the hair on the back of my neck.....Yes we all love to modify our systems even Paul & George were doing it in the early years....But for clarity and low distortion....I WAS THERE dammit,,,,I knew what they were striving for !!!!

Coytee.....yes sanse underware..... Carl ...Midrange is where most of the musics at....Fundamental vs harmonics ,,,It must be clean, transparent, no obstructions, no vails....Look at the Lansing site,,,The new JBL Everest II the new flagship of ultimate audio statement from that company.....No grills over the horns,,,The mid horn 476 Be is simmiler to my 2450,,my diaphrams are Ti. to change to Be diaphrams would cost $530. each....Flat out to 20K They do incorperate a super tweet to extend out to 40K for those who can swear they hear hummung birds sing. I havent seen any reports of Klipsch Jubilee,s reaching to 20k but im sure its pretty close....and without grill cloth....I,m sure Roy would stick a sock in any bodys mouth for suggesting such a modification...(im not speaking for him) Tubes or solid state,, if you got a clean signal it will be revealed. This is not an opinion, but a absolute fact.....For some cacamainey tweeko to come on this site and state he has made some monumental discovery in layering several grill cloths to improve the LaScala, Rankles the hair on the back of my neck.....Yes we all love to modify our systems even Paul & George were doing it in the early years....But for clarity and low distortion....I WAS THERE dammit,,,,I knew what they were striving for !!!!

"cacamainey tweeko"? Bite me, you jerk! Every time you had a choice between responding as a gentleman or as an ***, you chose option "B".

If you can't see your rudeness for what it is, you really haven't a clue... BTW, your "creative" spelling reveals your level of education.

Just a little push and they go over the edge,,,,So much for diplomacy.

A little push? Give it a rest, Maron. You've stated your opinion over and over. Fine. You're entitled to it, but there's no need for mockery and name-calling. We're not in the schoolyard anymore.

I'm listening Maron. You are always diplomatic - at least that's what Deb says...........

Like it or not, the real world for adults often mimics the playground. [li]

Geez, its going to take a lot of grill cloth for me to put multiple layers in front of some of my horns. I think I'll try those ugly, exposed 511s in the rear.

Should take yards and yards of the stuff just so I can say that I also tried it. Going to be going backwards though..........

I dare not try that on the precious babies up front.

Carl.

Hmmmm.........Maron, I've read some interesting responses to your posts over the years. [H][8o|]

Now, to put it all into perspective:-----------------------------------------------

mock premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif /m?k/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mok] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

verb (used with object)

to attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.

to ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.

to mimic, imitate, or counterfeit.

to challenge; defy: His actions mock convention.

to deceive, delude, or disappoint. verb (used without object)

to use ridicule or derision; scoff; jeer (often fol. by at). noun

a contemptuous or derisive imitative action or speech; mockery or derision.

something mocked or derided; an object of derision.

an imitation; counterfeit; fake.

Shipbuilding.

a.

a hard pattern representing the surface of a plate with a warped form, upon which the plate is beaten to shape after furnacing.

b.

bed (def. 23). adjective

feigned; not real; sham: a mock battle. Verb phrase

mock up, to build a mock-up of.

I was referring to meaning #1, as should be obvious to everyone reading this. Why such fuss over a difference in opinion? As I've stated repeatedly, what works for an unmodified La Scala may be inapplicable to a modified Khorn. Is them fighting words?

Or do you see it as a case of the stubborn child refusing to be corrected by his elders? Like it or not, I'm equally entitled to my opinion.

Ahem, Maron is the respected "elder." I prefer to think of myself as pleasantly middle-aged. Experienced? yes. Graying? quite a bit.

Elder? Not so much.

But, I'd retire tomorrow if I won a substantial powerball.lottery............(and probably call Richard....)

Carl.

Carl...There are those that cannot take constructive help...But take it as criticism and too thin skinned to try good approaches to the problem....and keep dogging the obvious. Carl yes the tube unit in the mid band is quite sweet & will try another on the tweets. Is Dave going to use the 8b in his alternate C40 as center channel? or is all on the back burner.

Well, the 8b is up at Craig's first for some TLC. I'm not sure exactly which set of speakers he is going to be running with it. After all, so many choices and options in his house. Heck, he's even starting to build a collection up at work near Chitown.

Carl.