Used RF-83s

White_Hawk

I live in Indianapolis, IN and there is a store here called Ovation that has the RF-83's on sale for $1250/ pair from time to time.

I should have picked'm up, but didn't have the dough.

i will bet you almost anything that its not 1250/pair, but 1250 each.

From Ovation it's buy one get one free, so $1250 for the pair. This is for B-Stock speakers, but from what I hear it may not "look" any different.

They have a sale a couples times a year, I think.

Also H.H. Gregg has a good sale but I don't know what models they sale.

James

I just bought a RC 64 and did know it was a B stock until I looked at the serial number sticker, the only thing I could found was one of the corner on the grill side  was like it had been sand  a little more that what it sould have been , if it was not for the sticker I would have never known.

and to hear people talking of B stocks that appear cosmetically perfect leads me to worry about performance/electrical problems that may have been noticed in testing.

However, I would think that Klipsch would just swap out the problematic electrical component or driver in order to get them to A stock level, so I'm not really sure why there would be B stock product the appears cosmetically perfect.

Therefore, I'll stand clear of B stock like a caveman who has developed a healthy respect for fire. Don't understand it, but know its not worth getting burned playing with it.