Balancing a trade...1973 vertical Cornwalls for 1990 Forte II's...

Hi,
I'm looking to trade a pair of Forte II's , WO finish, sequential serial number for a pair of 1973 "Vertical" Cornwalls, C-WO-15, 2L947/8. I am thinking the Forte's, probably a cosmetic 8.5/10, might be worth $500-550 verses $800 that the fellow wants for his Cornwalls. Is this in the ballpark? I was thinking of throwing in an Altec 416-8A woofer (Yeah I know, wrong forum, but he's an Altec nut too) . Horse trading opinions requested...

Thanks,

How would you contrast and compare the sound of the two sets of speakers? I am a bit ashamed to admit that I really haven't listed to my Forte's much, because when I initially compared tham against my Chorus I's, I liked the chorus I's better. However, I'm going to set them up tonight in an A/B situation with my Altec Model 19's....Should be fun....

I recently made an even trade giving a pair of operational and nice finish CW-BR's for Forte II OO in very good condition. Even. We were both happy.

I guess it depends on your historical value and need for the vertical pair.

As was stated, if you think it's a good trade, it's a good trade.

Depending on the cosmetics and operating condition of the verts I'd say the verts should be at least $250 higher in value. The verticals might need going through. Crossovers and diaphrams may need replacing. If so, you might have an "even wash" trade going. There are quite a few more Forte IIs available than there are Verticals. It's your money or merchandise, do what makes you happy. Don't worry about what someone else thinks when it comes to audio.

As Michael said, we were both happy with the trade.

HarryO

Question would be what is there about the fotre that you least appreciate,

and your expectation of the cornwalls. the numbers on the front might seem atractive , in the long

run the possibilities and cost of owning cornwalls might just outweight the benifit.effiency will change sound,

amplification might need to be changed, upgrade of network is verry possible and is suggested, size , listening habbits,

after considering these and other factors, if it seems good trade on.

You need to hurry up and make the deal so that I dont have to send my daughter in Fayetteville the money so she can go and pick them up for me. These are the same finish and year model as my Belle's. She went to Raleigh Thursday; good thing I did not know she was going or I would have had her go and check them out. Later Bill

The seller's out of the country until this week, so she might have made a trip for nothing. The seller seems interested in the Forte II from previous experience, and because of downsizing issues. Hopefully we can come to some kind of agreement....I've been looking for a pair of CW's for awhile...

Thanks...