Finally, CD's with the sound of real analog!

Erik:

Not sure to what you are referring. Nothing "innovative," unless you mean application of known principles rarely observed like minimum path from source to disk, including two mikes only and in the case of the "Ipod optimized" (which threw me off at first given my aversion to all things mp3) the use of acoustic isolation of omni's to produce a "binaural for stereo" separation similar to my "SoundCube" concept. Also no mixers or processors.

Dave

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Travis:

You're either not looking or busy defending a really tough one. See "DWILAWYER: AWWMYGAWD" further down...

Dave

Sorry about that, yes I have been busy, big case, can't sleep. Last night went to bed at 11, could not sleep, up at 3 because I was tired of laying in bed wide awake, worked more on case, at least it is Friday. I will look below.

Travis

A follow up on my listening to "Midnight in The Grand Court".

...........this morning the Mrs. asked me what happened in the family room.  I said, "I don't know is there some sort of problem".  Seems that a few of the decorative knick knacks sitting on the floating shelves had been knocked over.  One, a large ceramic pot had slipped precariously to the edge when its tripod stand lost footing for one leg.  We had no earthquakes.  The family room is where the Khorns are.  The shelves where the incidents occurred were closest to the left channel.  The bass on track 4 (as I recall)  is a gut rumbling experience.  Perhaps the CD needs to come with a user warning.  

Mark:

Yum. That Michael Murray is a fine recording (even though pretty old by digital standards-I acquired my copy in Singapore in the 80's), and perhaps the best performance I've ever heard of the Franck B minor chorale. It's the one I always reference as "quiet base" with it's 32' sustain with swell shutters closed. I hope it grows on you. Wasn't my cup of tea at first but the more I listened to it the more I was drawn to return. Many other fine things there as well.

I look forward to your opinion.

Regards,

Dave