Anybody want to trade? Blueberry Now SOLD

dp1954

I have ended up with an extra Juicy Music Blueberry that I'd like to trade for a good Mcintosh mx110 that is in working condtion. This one is a straight BB with phono option for MM only. Case is unfinished birch with walnut edging. It just came back from a refresh just before I purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I prefer the BB with my lascalas, but to me the 110 sounds better on the cornwalls and chorus I's. I currently have a bb extreme running a pair of lascalas and an mx110 running my cornwalls. I am looking for another 110 for the chorus I's. Just a matter of personal tastes.. The BB is an extremely good preamp.. very revealing and musical... Just for some reason I prefer the sound of the 110 with the corns and chorus's. But the BB beats the 110 on my lascalas hands down... Music is a fickle pastime........ Anybody interested? I'd also consider a c11 or c22....

Dave

I also ordered a new Walnut case for the above BB. It could be included in the trade is someone is interested..

Since nobody is interested in trading, I'm going to sell this BB. Asking price is the same I paid for it .. 1000 which included the original unstained birch enclosure. Unit is a mark II and can be ugraded to an extreme. Preamp is in very good condition and was just back from a refresh with mark just before I purchased the unit about 4 weeks ago. I ran across a BBX that I am keeping to run my lascalas with along with a pair of mc30's> I just prefer the mx110 with my corns and chorus I's. Personal taste. I also have a brand new, still packaged case for the unit in solid walnut. If anybody is interested in it you can have it for 150 + shipping. If the person purchasing the BB wants the new case the cost for the complete outfit is 1150 plus shipping.. The 1000 for the BB does not include shipping.

Dave

Sorry but I don't need another pair of cornwalls. Don't have room for the stuff I do have, but thats a tempting offer. I do love the cornwalls!! I'd rather trade but right now I'd like to sale it. thanks though.

Dave

• Moderators

I have a NM 110, there are several photos of it here on the forum, but when I listed if for sale a few months ago Timkidd (our forum brother from the Netherlands) said he wanted it and he is going to be flying here to Austin next week with a few friends to pick it up. If for some reason that does not go through, which I don't think is likely, I will shoot you a message to see where things stand with you. I certainly understand why you like the 110's. This one was just gone through, top to bottom, by Craig. Funny thing is, and this may be because of tube selection, both Craig and I seem to be able to get the 110 to sound almost exactly the same as a BB (requires some tone control adjustments on the 110) to the point where I cannot tell them apart. This was on Khorns, so I can not speak to what you were experiencing between the LS's and CW's. Good luck in your hunt.

Travis

dwilawyer.. sure hope I don't ever need you for anything but audio...If the sale of the 110 does not go through, I would definitely be interested in talking with you. Swapping for another 110 would be the best for me instead of selling the BB outright. let me know if you deal doesn't follow through.

Dave

I have a NM 110, there are several photos of it here on the forum, but when I listed if for sale a few months ago Timkidd (our forum brother from the Netherlands) said he wanted it and he is going to be flying here to Austin next week with a few friends to pick it up. If for some reason that does not go through, which I don't think is likely, I will shoot you a message to see where things stand with you. I certainly understand why you like the 110's. This one was just gone through, top to bottom, by Craig. Funny thing is, and this may be because of tube selection, both Craig and I seem to be able to get the 110 to sound almost exactly the same as a BB (requires some tone control adjustments on the 110) to the point where I cannot tell them apart. This was on Khorns, so I can not speak to what you were experiencing between the LS's and CW's. Good luck in your hunt.

Travis

Hi Travis! And Dave ofcourse! It's indeed not likely that the 110 will not soon find his new home in Holland. He'll have a good time with his MC30 buddies and loads of good music. Good luck Dave on your sale or trade. Travis, I just sent you a mail about the coming weekend. Texas here I come! Tim. [<:o)][8]