need home surround system for under $750

twisted1272

My dad loves my Klipsch surround system, so now he is wanting me to help him purchase and set up his own surround system. I could do a week worth of research or ask the experts here so here goes. He is wanting to spend around $500 for an entire system, including receiver. Is this possible? I have looked at a few setups but there is no customer reviews of them and could possibly be crap. thank you for any assistance you can send my way.

Klipsch has a good deal going on Ebay right now. There are 8 hours left of a Audio pro 5.1 set of speakers. (I have never heard them so I can't speak for them personally but they are KLIPSCH!)

They are red with a black woofer (paint could change the color if you would like to) and they are currently priced at $234.11 with a MSRP of $1499.00. If these sold for $500 you would still have $250 left to buy a nice starter receiver (as per the heading in this thread). This system would be MUCH better than a HTIB from some large chain store. This way, everything would be NEW and you would still be on budget and the size of the speakers has a very good WAF for your MUM.

Click on this link Klipsch/audio pro allroom 5.1

In that case go with Cal's first response, the price is right/they look good/and you probably can't do any better for the money. http://item.express.ebay.com/__Home-Audio-Speakers-Subwoofers_KIPLSCH-DESIGNER-SERIE-HOME-SPEAKER-SYSTEM-RED-NEW_W0QQitemZ170110303088QQihZ007QQptdnZHomeQ20AudioQ20SpeakersQ20Q26Q20SubwoofersQQptdiZ210QQcmdZExpressItem This is a buy it now, or there is a set up for auction as well.

• Moderators

Too bad , that would kill anything you would find for more than twice what he is asking, or more easily.

It's more than worth it for just the front 3 he is selling, on the way to pick them up stop here and you can hear what Forte ll's sound like in HT, you would be in a hurry when you left here to get to them !