Nifty Looking Quad of Speakers

thebes

I see those Pioneer speakers in thrift shops quite often. My brother-in-law still has his original pair.

Unfortunately, they look better than they sound although they aren't terrible. They certainly can't match a Heresy. I have no idea how much that receiver is worth but if he gets $400 for the lot, I'm guessing he'll be pretty happy.

My buddy has a pair of Pioneers that look the same as these. I'm not exactly sure which model they are, but they do have the wooden grills. I wasn't aware that they came off. I pulled on them quite firmly, and they refused to budge. Any idea how to get them off?

Brings back many memories of these units in my Military room.............both room mates had Quad systems, and I had a Sansui receiver and speakers!..............WOW, what a rack we made!.................[:^)] If memory serves me well, we probably had over 4,000 dollars in equipment in that room...........

Bill - I was just thinking how similar these speakers look to my old Sansui 2500 speakers.

I wonder where I put those now? I think they are in my wife's office - hope so - otherwise she has sneakily thrown them out!!