Subwoofer/Coffin pics

MagnumMan

I finally got the pics of my subs and neon lights. They show the subs sitting and one tipped over to show speakers. The pics I took of the lights was with the flash on for the first one. And covered the flash for the 2nd to show how it looks in dark.

ENJOY!!

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

This message has been edited by MagnumMan on 01-13-2002 at 04:08 AM

Call me crazy, but that seems a bit morbid, anyone else agree. Smile.gif Kinda neat I guess.

------------------

Don't count on me, to let you know when.....

Don't count on me, I'll do it again.

Don't count on me, it's the point you're missing.

Don't count on me, cause I'm not listening.

And the WAF for this particular item is?????

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (solid state).

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

Hey Magnum those coffin subs are..........well........lets say different.That reminds me I've been trying to get Bram Stokers Dracula Superbit but I have only been able to find it on line. That would be a good theme disc to play when you show people into your HT room.Have fun everyone.

quote:

And the WAF for this particular item is?????

Maybe the spouse is in the coffin. Smile.gif

Were there two coffins? One of the pictures looks like the coffin is rounded on the one side, but the others show a rectangle.

Bryan

------------------

"... But Honey - I promise this is the last thing I will have to buy for the Home Theater"

Mistubishi VS60603 60" RPTV

Denon AVR 3802 Receiver

Denon DVM 1800 DVD Changer

JVC 3600U SVHS VCR

RCA DirecTV Satellite Tuner

Klipsch RB5 - Mains

Klipsch RC3 - Center

Klipsch RCW3 - In-wall Surrounds

Velodyne SPL1200 Subwoofer

Monster HTS1000 Power Conditioner

Acoustic Research Pro Series Interconnects

This message has been edited by bacevedo on 12-17-2001 at 11:24 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone!

bacevedo-there are two coffins. A rectangular one about 5 ft long and the other is wider toward the top to accomodate a large upper body. It is about 6 ft. I could actually squeeze into it.

I got them from an antique dealer here in my hometown.

BBB-as for the Dracula superbit dvd,you should be able to get it at http:www.digitaleyesdvd.com/

They have reasonable prices and shipping. Also great customer service! I'm looking into getting that dvd myself.

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

First TV from SveeS uses oil barrels and slaps in heavy duty drivers to create his SPL ear tearing,wall flexing subs and now...COFFIN SUBS!

You should get better drivers(like the JBL Pro)and tune the coffin to 20Hz then maybe your Coffin of deep bass would outgun the Oil Barrel from Hell.

My bet is on the oil barrel,unless you mod your coffin a bit more.

Good job,very original.

Now ready your skull sats,I cant wait to see a complete Adams familly sound system.

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The coffins have no crossovers or amps in them,so there is no adjusting them. From the "sub out" on the receiver, signal goes to my Audio Control Phase coupled activator. It's used for bass restoration. There is a crossover in it. So it helps out running through this unit before the amp. I'm using a Rotel 5 channel amp to run both coffins. Only 4 of the 5 channels are being used.

Even when the subs were installed,the guy said that the Advents weren't the best to use,but for my budget,they worked. I recently found a tear in one,but can't hear any difference when listening. I'm thinking of replacing all of them next year. I can't imagine having JLs put in these beasts! Even for being Advents, they do hit hard. I like hard tight bass. I don't like when you hear rumbling. I want to feel it. Powered subs on the market take so much tweeking to get them to sound right for me.

It's good to hear about others doing inventive things for home theater.

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

creepy! but i like it Smile.gif what a great idea! what a way to hide the speakers Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150