150 W RF-7's ? When, if ever?

Brenda's name is on a few pairs of RF's I own.

This website currently lists the RF-7's as 250 watts max continous and 1000 watts peak.

So, that's why I asked the question and posted the picture above.

That said, I don't own the RF-7 shown in the picture above; it's for sale on Ebay, as we type and read.

I just bought a pair of RF-63's and was lamenting the relatively low Max Power rating of same when I happened to see the above RF-7 picture / rating...

It all leaves me rather confused.

Some RF-7s were mismarked 150 watts instead of 250 watts. The 250 number applies to all RF-7 voice coils even though it would make you deaf. There was a great deal of discussion on the forum at the time when this was first noticed.

Bill

Some RF-7s were mismarked 150 watts instead of 250 watts. The 250 number applies to all RF-7 voice coils even though it would make you deaf. There was a great deal of discussion on the forum at the time when this was first noticed.

Bill

eh anything after 100 watts is really just making the vc hotter and not louder.

Bill

Actually due to all the collector interest in these speakers, those speakers with the misprint are commanding a much bigger premium than just your run of the mill RF7s that state 250 watts. I think Southerby's moved a set for $74,000 last week, of course both the buyer and seller had to pay 2.3% commission.

What is the significance of the 250 watts? How would one surpass it? Does it mean you would not connect a power amp greater than 250 watts/channel? BTW my RF-7 serial #'s are 02320096 and 02320099. Who got 97 and 98 hehe ???