PBS Soundstage Peter Frampton

wheelman

I just recently found out I had PBS, and finially caught an episode of Soundstage. Heck i've been buying their dvd's for years and just finially viewed a free episode. I happened to catch part 2 of Peter Frampton. Has anyone checked this show out? I enjoyed it, and searched around for a dvd but couldn't find anything. I emailed PBS/ Soundstage to see if they will be making this readily available. I'm waiting for a reply yet, but if your a fan and it's on give a view it's pretty good. I'm not what you call a big fan but I appreciate, and enjoy his guitar work.

• Moderators

I liked it to , seen it on the Rave channel HD 5.1. [Y] (dish network)

Soundstage does a good job, the dvd's are recorded very well and the video is also good. I have a couple of the Sound Stage dvd's but not Peter F, never found it in the stores?

Watching that show made me feel OLD, I went to his first concert tour, he looked like he was 18, we both have changed too much !

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/featured.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I caught that on Rave also. Frampton "live in Detroit" dvd is excellent as well.

Arky I went and orderd "live in Detroit" I've been wanting a new concert pretty bad lately. It hasn't arrived yet, thanks for the recomendation. PBS never got back with me on the Soundstage dvd info.

I'm not a Frampton fan......watched it to see if I was Wrong about Peter, I wasn't wrong, still don't like him, but it was a good show......................

OB remember 2 or 3 months ago we had this same talk, must be ESP N.[:D]

Yes I do, and I remember someone giving me crap about my answer................I was only pointing out that I may have been wrong on my view of Frampton, and I watched to see if I was wrong, and after watching it, it didn't make me like him, but the show was good. You don't have to like someone to admit the show was good, and the fact that I watched it to reconsider my position, was good on my part. Funny thing, 30 years ago I didn't like Eric Clapton either...................but that sure changed.

I'm not a Frampton fan......watched it to see if I was Wrong about Peter, I wasn't wrong, still don't like him, but it was a good show......................

OB remember 2 or 3 months ago we had this same talk, must be ESP N.[:D]

Yes I do, and I remember someone giving me crap about my answer................I was only pointing out that I may have been wrong on my view of Frampton, and I watched to see if I was wrong, and after watching it, it didn't make me like him, but the show was good. You don't have to like someone to admit the show was good, and the fact that I watched it to reconsider my position, was good on my part. Funny thing, 30 years ago I didn't like Eric Clapton either...................but that sure changed.

We all have bad day's and that was one of mine, sorry about that.